beauty uses of coconut oil

-
beauty uses of coconut oil
.
did you know you could swap out some of your beauty products for coconut oil?
••
↠ hair mask:
after shampooing, apply a generous amount of the oil to wet strands and twist hair into a bun. let it sit for 5 mins before rinsing to add moisture and shine.
••
↠ body oil:
coconut's oil creamy texture makes it the perfect light moisturizer to slather all over your body. apply a quarter size amount after you get out of the shower.
••
↠ lip balm:
great for chapped lips! scoop some into a contact lens holder and throw it into your purse so you can dab it on with your finger throughout the day.
••
↠ under-eye cream:
put a pinch in between fingers to warm it up before patting it underneath your eyes. this will help with fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles.
••
↠ shaving cream:
ran out of shaving cream? substitute it with coconut oil! it'll work the same.
••
↠ body scrub:
mix a half cup of sea salt or sugar with an equal amount of melted coconut oil, then use your hands to rub it over any rough patches of skin. the scrub moisturizers while removing dead skin cells.
••
↠ makeup remover diy:
melt 1 teaspoon of coconut oil per round cotton pad in a microwave-safe container. then, lay the cotton pads in an even layer and let them soak up the oil overnight. store them in a plastic baggie for easy makeup removal on the go.