Chapter Four

"What was that about?! I told you that I don't want to kiss you" I yelled at the pink-haired man who was sitting on my bed.

"We needed to convince him and it worked" He explained while laying down on my bed. I rolled my eyes and joined him.

"You could have just been cute! We didn't need to lock lips! Also, why did you lie to him?" I asked while grabbing a pillow to hold.

"What sounds more convincing, dating for an hour or a week?" He stated and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine but you shouldn't lie to people, especially not lie to Austin" I argued with him and he sat up.

"Like how we are lying about our relationship?" He smirked and I frowned.

"That's different, this is your plan not mine" I explained to him. He rolled his eyes and stood up.

"I need a new coke" He suddenly stated before leaving my room. I rolled my eyes while following him. We went downstairs and into the kitchen to see my father looking in the fridge.

"Hey dad, the box is empty so don't get your hopes up," I told the forty-year-old man who smiled at me.

"Yeah sorry about that, I must have forgotten to throw it out," He said while scratching the back of his neck. He grabbed the box and threw it away. Tate grabbed a can of coke before looking at us.

"Hey Mr. K, how was work?" Tate asked while chugging his coke. How he drinks that I will never understand.

"Ah, Tate is here. Work was good, working hard for next month's magazine" He explained while smiling at the boy near the counter.

"Have you heard the good news, Mr.K?" He asked while walking over to me. I looked at him with warning eyes.

"Is it that you are leaving?" He asked with a grin. I glared at my father.

"Dad! Be nice" I warned him while Tate took my hand.

"It's fine, Tate knows that I'm kidding. What's the news?" He asked while grabbing some pasta from the cabinet. Tate smiled at me.

"We're dating!" He exclaimed causing my dad to drop the box of pasta and stare at us with wide eyes.

"You're dating?! No this isn't part of the plan" Dad exclaimed while picking up the pasta but still freaking out. I rolled my eyes while walking Tate to the front door. Like every time he has officially overstayed his welcome.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow Tatertot," I told him while kissing his cheek and pushing him out of the door. I sighed before walking over to my dad who was stirring the pasta.

"How could you be dating Tate?! You're supposed to be with Austin" He stated angrily while angrily stirring the pasta. My eyes widened at what he said.

"W-what are you talking about? M-me and Austin are only friends" I stated while walking over to the table.

"Seriously son, you've had a crush on Austin since you've met him. You're destined to be with each other so why are you dating Tate Valentino? You know his dad cheats every poker night" He explained while adding sauce to the pasta. What does he mean we are destined to be together?

"Dad what are you talking about? Yes I have a crush on Austin and yes I'm only dating Tate to make Austin jealous but what do you mean 'We are destined to be together?'" I asked the man who poured his pasta into a bowl and rinsed the pot.

"You're dating Tate as a plan? Yay! That means the ship can still happen" He said excitedly before leaving the kitchen with his pasta. I stared at the place my father once stood in shock. Did he just use the words ship and yay? I shook my head before closing the kitchen light and going to my room. Today has been long.

So Peyton's father is strange and a total fanboy but he's full of love and we gotta love a supportive goofy father. This was basically a cute little chapter to introduce Mr. Knox but I hope you all enjoyed. What will happen next between the fake couple and Austin?

~Jess