Selfish

hey y'all. I'm sorry for less uploads lately, I've been busy with school and work and some health issues. also i've been feeling kinda discouraged by some not so kind comments. i'm sorry if you. don't like all of my writing choices, i'm trying my best.
but thank you for the support seriously. most of you are all so so kind, it really means the world.
much love
xo Moth 💕💞💖
————————————————————————

Unsurprisingly, your relationship with Luisa improved greatly when you were able to be seen with her in public. It made everything easier, you were no longer constantly on edge. Luisa was in better spirits too. Not having to live in constant fear of your secret getting out was a breath of fresh air. The two. of you felt so happy when you were together.

It wasn't all smooth sailing though. Unfortunately, the townspeople had been very nosy. Most Encanto residents feel a connection to the Madrigal family, Luisa especially, because her gift is so useful. Luisa has interacted with most Encanto residents already because they needed her help at some point, so they felt an entitlement to her. That entitlement was now extended to you too.

The biggest change was the traffic at the bakery, the day after the party you were sold out by noon because so many people stopped by to try and see you there. Your parents were overwhelmed with it all, struggling to even get enough ingredients to keep up with the demand. They were also worried about your safety, so they stopped letting you work in the bakery for the time being. There were so many strangers dropping your name into conversation, it was honestly terrifying. You tried your best to help, frosting cakes and cookies in the back though. It was hard to see the business booming and you had to sit on the sidelines.

You pretty much stopped going out by yourself because people in town square you had never met before were stopping you to introduce themselves, or try to tell you about how their mothers were convinced they would marry Luisa Madrigal. But most of them were men so they didn't count anyway. There were so many people you had maybe met a handful of times that wanted to act like they were your best friend now. None of it really meant anything to you, it was all just names and facts about people who didn't matter to you a week ago. You talked to Agustin and Felix about it, they said they went through the same thing when they joined the family.

"People think they get a piece of you just like the rest of the Madrigals!" Agustin laughed. "Little do they know i have nothing to offer!"

Felix laughed hard, clutching his belly, you giggled too.

"People were nervous i was gonna break Pepa's heart and Encanto would flood." Felix said "It was like all of a sudden everyone had a say"

You nodded, feeling sad for Pepa, she shouldn't have felt pressure to keep happy so the weather could stay nice. And also feeling sad for yourself, the way the public would never not know who you were again, even in an impossible case where things didn't work out with Luisa, everyone would know and remember you.

"You alright kiddo?" Felix asked.

"It's all just very overwhelming" You whispered, looking down at your feet.

He put a hand on your shoulder, and nodded, "It's hard and it's scary. I know exactly how you feel" You looked up at him, tears lingering at the corners of his eyes. "But for love, we can endure so much"

You were crying now too, you would go to the ends of the earth for Luisa. For love we can endure so much.

"Thank you Felix" You whispered. He nodded, wiping his eyes. Agustin was nodding solemnly in agreement.

"You are so brave for doing this, Y/N" Augustin said.

"I know it might not help, but we're here for you, any time" Felix said.

"Thank you, both." You said. "This helps a lot. It really does"

"Are you going to be okay?" Felix asked. You nodded.

"Let me walk you home, kiddo," Agustin said. "You don't need anyone bombarding you right now"

"Thank you"

That was one hard thing about all of this, even though your relationship was a lot more free, your personal freedom was severely lacking at the moment. Between not being able to work at the bakery and needing someone to escort you wherever you went, you felt trapped. You were terrified of taking that out on Luisa, it wasn't her fault that her family was basically royalty and the town was crazy obsessed with them. But, it kind of felt like she was to blame for you feeling stuck.

When you got home your mom was heading into the house section of your home from the bakery. Another day of selling out early.

"Hola mi vida!" She said.

"Hi Mamá"

Worry flushed over her when she heard your voice, "Are you alright? Were people being rude?"

"No! Agustin walked me home, it was all good. It's just been a hectic week"

She nodded "I'm sorry it's been so hard on you"

"Hopefully everything will die down soon. Luisa has been amazing though."

"She really is a great girl"

"She really is" You smiled.

"Get some rest, Mi Vida" She said.

You nodded before heading up to your room. You tried to take a nap unsuccessfully, you mostly just tossed and turned for what felt like an hour. The hustle and bustle of town was happening right outside your window and you were trying desperately to ignore it. It wasn't working well for you.

There was a light knock on your door.

"Come in" You said quietly. Your parents probably wouldn't have knocked so you weren't sure who it was. The door opened slowly, it was Luisa. Thank God

"Hi" She whispered, staying outside the door until invited in, you waved her to come in with your hand. She closed the door behind her.

"Hey" You sat up.

"Did i wake you? Your mom said you we're getting some rest" She came to sit on the bed.

"Nope, just tossing and turning" You said with a laugh. You patted the bed, indicating you wanted her to come into the bed with you. She slipped off her shoes and obeyed, slipping under the covers next to you.

"Oye, I'm sorry" She said, pulling you into her arms. "It's been a crazy week"

"Yeah" You rested your head on her chest. "Are people still questioning you?"

"Mhm" She sighed. "They want to tell me they didn't know i was gay, they want to know about you."

"What do you tell them?"

"It tell them i've always been gay" She laughed. "And I try to not say too much about us, I tell them we've been together for a while and you make me really happy"

"That's so sweet" You whispered. You reached for her hand, interlocking her fingers with yours.

"I know, i'm selfish, " She huffed a laugh "But i kinda like keeping you to myself, yknow?"

"I like it too" You nodded, tracing her knuckles with your thumb. "I'm not good with this public eye stuff"

"Neither am I" She laughed. You kissed her. Peach blush poked through her cheeks.

"You're cute"

"You're cute" She said.