Chapter 13: The Fight

That night the girls had their dinner in silence. Even Atlas and Caspian could sense that something was wrong at the table. Seraphina sat at the end of it, sipping on her soup quietly while Thyra and Hyacinth sat a few seats away from her.

Daphne's gaze was fixed on their table, wondering what had happened. The three girls usually sat huddled together but today seemed different.

For the past few days, the misfit table had become the centre of attention. First with Seraphina standing up to Daphne's bullying, then with Caspian joining them, and the cherry on top, Atlas Van Volkenburg now sat with them. Almost everyone in the grand hall had their eyes on the misfits.

Atlas, who had had enough, decided to finally speak up. ''Can anyone tell me what has happened?''

Silence.

''Sera,'' Hyacinth whispered cautiously, ''you haven't said anything since we.... since we...uh... talked.''

''Did something happen to you?'' Caspian asked her.

Silence.

''Did someone do something to you?'' Atlas asked her.

Was that concern and......anger she detected in his voice? 

No, maybe she was overthinking it.

When she didn't reply, he turned to her friends. ''Do either of you know what happened to her?''

Both Thyra and Hyacinth made the wise choice of staying silent. Atlas didn't look convinced. Nevertheless, he dropped his glare and relaxed in his seat. The girls continued eating while the boys exchanged glances.

''Seraphina,'' Caspian said, as he stretched his hand forward to touch her. Knowing exactly what would happen when he did, she quickly moved her hands away from the table and stood up.

''I'm going to practice.'' was all she said.

''I'll come with.'' Atlas and Hyacinth said at the same time.

''Alone.'' She looked between the two and passed the room key to Hyacinth.

Awkwardness set around the table as both Hyacinth and Atlas sat back down on their seats.

''That's fine,'' the blonde girl smiled at her. ''I'll keep the door unlocked.''

She nodded at her and walked away from the table and out of the hall.

''What happened, did you three fight?'' Caspian asked again once Seraphina was out of earshot. '' She didn't seem okay. Maybe you should go check on her.'' He said to his best friend.

Atlas nodded and was ready to get up and follow Seraphina out.

''Sit your behind down!'' Thyra snapped at him, which surprised all of them.

''Pardon?'' Atlas cocked an eyebrow at her. Apart from Caspian no one spoke to him that way. They all feared him and respected him. After all he was the werewolf prince. He was royalty.

''I said, sit your behind down,'' she repeated, completely unfazed by his reaction.

Hyacinth nudged her in the ribs for her choice of words but Thyra being Thyra, did not react at all, in fact she looked him right in the eye as she said it.

''You've got some nerve speaking to him like that. You do realize he is the werewolf prince, right?'' Caspian said.

''He can be the prince back at Mooncrest. Over here he is a student just like the rest of us. If he wants to sit with us he will be treated equally as such, otherwise he can go join the rest of the entitled brats at that table.'' She pointed to where Daphne and her gang were.