chapter 11, sick

***

***

*2 days later*

oh my god i felt like i was dying. my body ached terribly. i had thrown up and i hurt so badly.

i was almost in tears, and i never cry over pain. i had taken ibuprofen a few minutes ago hoping that it would stop the aches i was feeling.

i got a notification. i groaned and picked up my phone to see Chris had texted me.

Christopher
hey, C, is everything alright?
we were gonna film today.

oh shit. i completely forgot about that.

Carolina🌸
i think i have the flu. i'm not gonna
be able to make it. i'm in a lot of pain
rn. have fun filming.

Christopher
do you need anything?

Carolina🌸
unless you have magical healing
powers then no, i don't need
anything.

Christopher
okay, i'll see you later.
read 11:23 a.m

i turned my phone off and pulled my legs to my chest. this position seemed to make the aches not hurt as badly.

i was tired and i could barely keep my eyes open. i rubbed my eyes but slowly and painfully got up and walked to my bed. the ibuprofen had started to kick in. i couldn't wait until i couldn't feel the aches anymore.

i laid down on my bed and closed my eyes. sleep. i needed sleep.

~~~

i heard my front door close and footsteps make their way over to me.

"C?" they said. i opened my eyes and looked up to see Chris.

"Chris?" i said, confused. "how did you--"

"Sam let me in." he said moving my hair away from my eyes. "i brought lots of medicine, blankets, a heating pad, a case of 7up, saltine crackers, and this guy." Chris said pulling out a stuffed tiger.

tigers are my favorite animal. i looked at the tiger and then a him. i smiled and slowly took it from his hand. i looked at its face. it was so cute.

"you like it?"

i sniffled, trying to breathe out of my nose.

"of course i do." i said.

Chris chuckled. "okay, on a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you hate liquid medicine? 10 being that you hate it with your entire soul."

"1 billion." i said.

Chris sighed. "of course you do." he said as he sat on the edge of my bed. he pulled out a bottle of liquid medicine to help with stuffy noses and coughing.