He is finally here

Jason's P.O.V.

"LET ME GO," Owen shouted. His voice echoed through the hall multiple times, I could sense anger, sadness, despair in that voice. I looked up and my guards were about to rush over to us, but Aiden my beta was there and he gestured them to halt by raising his left hand. They all stopped and I looked straight into Owen's eyes and he was crying, all this time I have barely held my tears back but looking at him, I know how hurt he was. And, I dropped his hand. Even though Conri is dying to hug our mate, to kiss him to never let him go, but I know better. All this year we have to survive without our mate, and now he can't control when he finally sees our mate again. But he is not in a good shape, all these years I've been diluting his powers and thus he is not able to do much.

Owen runs out of the main door and I feel like my heart would just break into a million pieces but I'm also happy. And with all those tears held back, I could feel a smile form on my face. And I hear people gasping the third time. No one has seen me smile after I became the Alpha of the pack. Because I've never smiled once in the last five years after Owen left the town. But I can't help it anymore, I can't stop smiling. "He's back. He's finally back." That is all going on in my head.

I speed walk to my room, I walk past everyone in the hallway and to the giant staircase at the end of the hall, I climb up and then to the left. My room is the last one on the left. I walk past many doors and finally when I reach my room, the two guards placed outside of my room pushed open the doors and bowed as I entered my room. The doors closed after a few seconds and I was going to take the shower to calm myself a little, from this euphoria. I was sweating from the excitement because I had just come from a long tour around the town.

"Hey, are you feeling all right?" I heard someone say from behind me as I was about to take my shirt off. I know this voice, Aiden. I turned around to see him standing near the door beside an open cabinet placed right beside the door. He was holding a syringe. I knew what he meant.

"I'm more than all right. I'm great, never been better before. Don't worry I don't think I'll be needing that." I said pointing to the syringe he was holding. He placed the syringe inside the box and then put that in the cabinet.

"Are you sure? After what happened today, Conri must be at the edge. Are you not hurting?" He asked with a concerned look.

"Yup. I'm sure. Conri is not in great shape, but it is bearable. And I'm sure happy. Can you believe that he is finally back?" I replied, my voice was filled with happiness.

"Yes, he returned, but he clearly is not willing to accept you," Aiden said still with the same look on his face.

"I know, and I always knew it would not be easy, but he is worth the wait. At least, there is some progress. He did not return for five years, he was not even able to step a foot in the town because he could not bear the pain, and I am the reason for all that. But now he is finally healed a little, and he is back. And I think one day he will be able to forgive me. I know it is hopeful thinking, but hope is the only thing I'm hanging by right now." I said I could feel the tears form in my eyes, my voice chock but I was still smiling. "Now if you'd excuse me, I'm going to take a shower. And can you please take care of the meetings today? Brief me about them tomorrow morning." I told Aiden and he nodded.

"But it was nice seeing you smile again," Aiden said before he left.

I went into the bathroom, stripped, and stood under the shower. The hot water felt soothing on my skin. I felt my tiredness wash away. I cleaned myself and wore a rob. I went into my closet and got a grey hoodie that belong to Owen.

After he left, I was devastated, and completely lost it. I was barely eating and drinking and my health deteriorated. I would start crying anytime and I did not leave my room for two months. Conri would howl and scratch my body all the time. I was covered in bruises and I was losing my mind. But one day Mr. and Mrs. Westwood came to visit me. They brought this hoodie of Owen. They said that they do not accept me or forgive me but they know how hard it is to be separated from your mate. And as they have a good relationship with my parents and I'm going to be the alpha of the pack, they feel it is their duty to help me. The hoodie smelled just like Owen. After then I would hug the hoodie whenever I felt like I needed Owen and it would calm me a little.

I took the hoodie and sat on the bed. I placed my face in the hoodie trying to sniff as hard as possible. The fragrance was barely there now, if I was not a werewolf, I would not even be able to smell anything. However, even though the fragrance of Owen is barely there but it is enough, enough for me to know that this belongs to Owen.

"He is finally here. He is here." I say to myself. My head is still buried in the hoodie.

I hear someone knocking on my door three times, and I know who it is by the similar rhythm of the knock. "Come in," I say as I place the hoodie down next to me on the bed. Mrs. Violet comes in with food.

"Alpha, the Beta told me to serve your dinner in your room." She said as she started to place all the food on the table near the window.

"I told you to call me Jason when we are alone Mrs. Violet. And why are you serving dinner so early, it's just seven -" I was shocked when I looked at the clock. It was already half-past eight. I was holding the hoodie for two hours!

"Yes, it is time for dinner, I'm not early. And I too have told you that you are now the alpha, I can't call you by your name." she replied, "Now I'll leave you to whatever you were doing." She said as she bowed. She had a mischievous grin on her face.

"It's nothing like what are you thinking," I replied frantically.

"Oh, Romeo! We have all been there." She again said with the same expression. "But it is nice to see your old self." She added and I could see how worried she was for me all these years.

"Thank you, Mrs. Violet," I replied and she left. I don't know how she found out about me and Owen but I guess, no one needed to tell her, she looked after me since I was a child and understood me, she practically spent the last five years looking after me 24x7. And so, I guess she must have found out at some points. However, I have not told anyone about me and Owen except for Aiden and Mr. and Mrs. Westwood. Not even my parents, even though they did everything to get it out of me about what was putting me in such misery. I did not tell them because I was worried about what they would do if they found out Owen left because of me, he is my mate and he has denied to accept me.

I was not feeling like eating because my head was filled with Owen. But I still went to the table and sat on the chair. A large piece of stake with wine was served, and a piece of cheesecake for dessert. I ate everything; however, I was too occupied to focus on what I was eating. After completing everything, I hung the hoodie back in the closet and lay on my bed all I could think about was Owen, everything about Owen. Every memory about him, however, most of them is painful, but I just keep repeating them in my head. Conri was not well and he was angry because I let our mate go when we saw him after a long time. He was not talking to me but I know he is going to be all right. I keep thinking, reliving every memory, and thinking what would happen if I did things differently. I keep thinking about him and at some point, sleep takes over me.

Author's note.

Oh Jason, I don't know about you but I do feel sorry for the guy.  But he deserves it,  he deserves much worse. OMG, I'm torn. And what is  that syringe thing? 

Another Jason's P.O.V., I hope you like it.

Also, do you guys know  we have hit two thousand reads. At the beginning of the last week the number was going to hit a thousand and I was so happy about that, but couple of days ago the miracle happened. I did not expect that. So, I want to dedicate this chapter to all the people who are reading this book. I hope you enjoy it. Love you all. Please vote and share if you feel so and comment, I read all of them, they give me motivation to write more, plus it is a way I can understand what you guys feel. Once again thank you so much for joining me in this journey.