The blast from the past

Owen's P.O.V.

I woke up with the loud ringing of my phone. My head was killing me and my eyes felt like the entire world was hanging from them. I barely opened my eyes. Imagine the worst hangover you had now multiple it by ten, that is what it felt like to me. After yesterday's events, I barely had any energy so I went straight into my room and lay on the bed. My parents brought my luggage to my room and I just left the bags as they were. I fall asleep instantly, I was tired from the travel, and the things that happened with Jason just worsen the day.

I saw the phone and it was Andrei. I met him on the very first day of college, he was a sophomore in the school of Business. I was sitting alone on a bench on the college ground eating a cheese sandwich. And he was playing soccer with his friends. The ball he kicked hit me and I dropped my sandwich, he came running and started apologizing and asking if I was all right. Even though I said I was fine he still took me to a nearby restaurant to have lunch. We at together, I was very reluctant to eat lunch with a stranger but after some moments of awkwardness we hit it off real good. We started to spend more and more time together and became best friends. He really cares for me and I too care for him. He is the first person besides my family I feel so comfortable around.

After one year I found out that he was the future alpha of the pack, and I started to keep my distance from him. Because I felt like I would disrespect him as the alpha and I did not want to end up dying, and also, he reminded me of Jason. But he noticed the change and got angry at me asking me to treat him as I have ever treated him. I also told him all about me and Jason and he said that being from alpha bloodline does not make us the same person and that he is nothing like that asshole Jason. And he was saying the truth, he is nothing like Jason. I even attended the ceremony when he took the position of alpha. But even after him being alpha I treat him like my best friend and not like an alpha. He was not happy with my decision to go back to Lahpiaro and asked me to stay in the Lunardale but I convinced him. And I know what this call is about, so I pick up the phone without wasting a second.

"Hello-" I said still half asleep.

"I did not know it took thirty-six hours to get to Lahpiaro from here." Andrei was shouting on top of his lungs.

"Calm down. Please." I said with a hoarse voice.

"Oh, please. You know how worried I was. Didn't I tell you to call me as soon as you reached there? Does Lahpiaro not have cellular services or does the world end, how much time does it need to inform someone that you have reached safely." Andrei was still mad.

"Stop yelling. My head is already killing me." I said.

"Why, what happened? Did that asshole already do something? Tell me because if he laid even a single finger on you, I swear to lunar goddess I'm gonna rip his throat apart."

"Wo...Wo...Wo...calm down, things happen but nothing that serious. I just had to see that jerk's face as soon as I reached here, you know protocols. But he did not do anything." I finally got up.

"For now, I'll believe your words. But call me if he tries anything funny. So, are you all settled down?" He asked.

"No. I was so tired yesterday so I did not unpack. I have a busy day today." I replied.

"Oh...I did not know you were such a betrayer. I loved you with all I had and now I'm nothing for you. How can someone change overnight? How can love change? Were the promises you made to me all lies? Answer me, cheater. Uhu...uhu..uhu..." He was pretending to sob. I could feel a smirk even though I could not see his face.

"Don't be dramatic. It's just there is no fun anymore. My heart does not skip a beat for you. Let's be mature we both know the flame between us has ied a long ago." I replied in an equally dramatic tone, and then we both started laughing. Andrei still has not found his mate and you know about me. So, whenever we saw a lovely-Dovey couple on the campus or in movies we use to do these weird things, of course making sure that they don't hear or see us. "Okay. I need to get ready I'll call you later." I added after we stopped laughing like some lunatics.