Kalon●

Dressed in burgundy color, she's sitting on his bed, as his bride, waiting for him. The first time she's properly watching his room, then too as his bride. Grey and black. Mysterious and sophisticated.

The sound of the turning knob makes her aware of his presence and she instantly composed herself. Nervousness at its peak. Her heart is pounding hard against her ribs. She inhaled deeply to calm herself but all in vain. He steps inside and halts for a minute or two and proceeds directly to the wardrobe.

"Make yourself comfortable." He hesitated a little to talk to her.

She nodded in response.

He walked into the bathroom and She immediately removed her veil and huffed loudly. She managed to get out of bed as her bridal wear is heavy and stood in front of the dressing table.

She was getting married to someone else and now she's someone else's wife. She is out of her comfortable plain cotton dress.

After changing into their comfortable clothes both are laying on their respective sides, knowing well the other one is awake. Zephyr is making the room chill. Hesitation and awkwardness are in the atmosphere.

Both have the flashback of their life. Life is puzzling. What is happening and why it's happening, nobody has an answer for it. Nonetheless, we accept things willingly or unwillingly and move with them. Gradually everything starts making sense. Every puzzle fits itself.

She, Khan Maha Abdullah, was engaged to her maternal cousin, Rayyan, for the past year. Today, she had her nikkah with him but he ditched her. He could've told her personally about his love life. But no, instead he chose to dump her in front of their wedding guest.

Her family was fuming. They are counted as one of the most respectful and intimidating families.

Her Grandfather Waqar Khan decided to get his granddaughter married to his grandson, ZAEEF. He is her second cousin. They can't let it go just like that and besides that, she'll stay in the family even after her marriage.

And this is how they get married today. Never in her wildest dream had she thought about it, about this day. That one day she'd married him. Nobody knew she had feelings for him since then. The way she used to peek through her lashes to get his glimpse. The way she used to dress up when he was coming for dinner. From making his favorite food to making tea for him. She had all ears for him. She used to take care of his smallest thing when he went there, KHAN VILLA.

When her mother announced this to her, she went numb. It was so inconceivable. Is she getting married to him? Prayers answered. Only she and her God knows how innumerable times she had prayed for him. How she had cried to God for making him hers and now prayers are being answered. God answered her when she least expected it. 

The moment he accepts her, in front of everyone, in all his senses. A shiver sent down her spine and goosebumps erupted on her skin. She blinked multiple times to hold her tears.

She turned around and faced him. He slept and a small smile sprawled on her lips. Pushing herself a little bit closer to him, she keenly observed his features. He's the least handsome man in his house but for her, he's the literal synonym of gorgeous.

Slowly she raises her left hand and presses his eyebrows between her forefinger and thumb making him relax in his sleep. She slowly traced his nose and moved down towards his cupid bow. She lightly but lovingly caressed his stained cheek where he has a black birthmark and kissed his forehead. She lingers there for a minute or two and slowly moves back.

"My precious treasure". Mumbling slowly she closed her eyes in contentment. She doesn't know what life holds further, nor does she want to know. For her, he's her life. Her world. Her universe. He's everything to her and she hopes he'd also repeat these words too.

+++

Kalon - beauty that's more than skin deep

Do let me know your views in the comment section and don't forget to vote.

🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️