Chapter 53

Empress Yi's Palace

"Your Majesty you've come to visit me?" Empress Yi's gentle and pretentious voice pierce.

After the quarrel between Duke Su and His Majesty, The emperor head straight to Empress Yi's palace.

Empress Yi smile in triumph. She thought her plan had gone very well as the look on the emperor is very mad.

She even prepare some snack and tea to ease the emperor's anger. Never did she know that the anger he is feeling right now is towards her.

Before anyone could comprehend, a sound of slap booming in the room. Empress Yi's face turn bright red.

"How cruel can you be?" The disappointment is very visible. The emperor's hand is shaking. He never thought that he would hit a woman. But now he feel nothing but rage upon empress Yi's doing.

"Your Majesty what are you talking about?" Still feigning her innocent, Empress Yi pretend to not know anything.

"How could you? How could you poison a young boy who just lost his mother? I didn't know you were this evil!" The emperor screamed in anger.

"If you hadn't ignore me, it wouldn't have happened! If you have loved me even for once it wouldn't happened!" Empress Yi cried out.

Back then, she was just a young lady who fell for a man who didn't love her back. She was just a young girl who was hoping for him to love her back.

But she turned into an evil person who knows no end of it. She just to want to overpower everything.

At the end of the day, we are just a victim of our own story.

The Prison

A chaotic voice sounded through the prison. All of the criminals ear perks up when they heard a guard rushing in towards the young lady's prison.

"Miss! Miss! Bad news and good news!" The guard panting while spitting out the words.

Xu Ling Ai who just had a nap woke up abruptly. Her eyes still seems bloodshot from the short nap she took.

"Bad news first!" She panicked as she knows bad things had definitely happened.

"Duke Su ignore your words! He crashed into His Majesty's chamber! And everyone heard a commotion and quarrel happening inside the palace!" The guard fearing the wrath the servants will be facing soon.

"Shit! Li Zhao definitely has gone crazy! Told him to stay put but he didn't. Now what am I going to do?" Xu Ling Ai started to think while feeling stressed. She don't want to cause a duel between a father and his son.

"Anyway what is the good news?!" She asked in frustrations.

"You have been released and Duke Su's is waiting for you outside." Once that being said, Xu Ling Ai slap the guy on the arms.

"Why didn't you say that earlier? Now open the old lock! Faster!" Xu Ling Ai slap her own forehead at the young guard's naiveness.

"Anyway thank you for your help through the whole day! I will come and visit you if I have free time! Take care!" Xu Ling Ai ran out the prison.

The guard scratch his head at Xu Ling Ai's words. He still don't know who she is.

"They said Duke Su's Princess Consort is being held in the prison. That means SHE IS THE PRINCESS CONSORT!" The guard was about to faint when he finally put the pieces together.

On the other hand, Xu Ling Ai sprint outside the prison to met a familiar broad back. She couldn't see his face.

"Li Zhao." Xu Ling Ai knew he is in despair. All because of her carelessness.