||Xiao: Coincidence

Hehe~ I've always wanted to make a idol au ff
Let's start with xiao
(Also sorry for disappearing, i was busy with cosplay lmaO ^ that's me cosplaying as beggar venti)

From now on I'll be writing down tags just so yk what you're going into lmao it's kinda like ao3 and NU. I'll also edit my previous chapters when I'm not lazy.

Tags:
idol au/4nemo au | not angst i promise | strangers to friends to lovers (bet) not really it's just an encounter lmao | gender neutral reader | love interest falls in love first | imagine xiao, make him kinda puppy | awkward xiao x chill but camera shy reader | small aether x venti content

★★ coincidence ★★

"4nemo", currently one of the most popular boy groups in the entire Teyvat right now. With their songs constantly hitting top leaderboard, it's not weird they quickly rised to fame despite being a newly debuted group.

Of course being a new hit, lots of publishing companies are dying to get an interview with the group. Before their schedules got too full, Wanmin publishing company managed to snag an interview date thanks to pure luck. To top it all off, this special job was given to the company's newest member.

'fuck'

It was certainly a foreign scene for them, they couldn't help but curse. Staffs running back and forth preparing for mics and lightings, other shit that they don't understand.

It wasn't until the start of the interview that (y/n) started to feel nervous. They were distracted by the many amount of people back stage, but now being on the set made them even more nervous. Not to mention the 4 very cute looking idols staring at them, and the tens of staffs running behind the scene.

'What if I mess up? What if i completely fail this interview and ruin the company's name?' after all, (y/n) initially didn't want this job in the first place. They signed up for writing, not Interviewing. But they're already here, and there's not way to back out now.

"What made you want to start your careers as idols?" Reading off the cue cards the company has prepared before hand, (y/n) was glad they didn't butcher the sentence straight from the start.

Farthest right, closest to (y/n) was a blond young man, his hair tied neatly into an adorable braid. "I was actually dragged here by Venti," the person mentioned, venti, was said to be a highschool friend of Aether. "I initially wanted to enter criminology, but I'm glad I didn't."

"Ehe~ I wanted to do solo but what's the fun in that?" Venti continued right after Aether. "I've been doing music since I was still an un-existing spirit, so that's why I wanted to become an idol."

Ignoring his weird choices of words, (y/n) could only let out an awkward laugh of a response. This entire interview session was, as expected, very much awkward.

It wasn't until after the interview that (y/n) could let in a breath. Not a job for them, never will be. They drank the water that was handed to them rapidly, almost letting it just waterfall down their throat, definitely not safe by the way.

Back in the backstage area, it was once again a hustling market full of hard working staffs, cleaning up after the set.

(Y/n) couldn't really do much to help, even if they wanted to. They don't know much about the equipments and where they go. Instead, they just stood by the side quietly after being told by the director to wait for a while.

It didn't take long for the director to dismiss them though. They weren't much use after the interview was done.

After a few more days of editing, the episode was finally out. Having no balls to watch, (y/n) settled on listening to other peoples reviews and opinions instead. It wasn't that they had social anxiety of the sort, but it was just painfully awkward for them to watch.