Chapter 55

Li Zhao's eyes fell on Xu Ling Ai. He could see disappointment clouding her eyes.

At the ladies side, Xu Ling Ai is the only one who is taken aback and feeling dumbfounded by the situation.

While all the ladies feel afraid of what is going to happen, Xu Ling Ai feel nothing but disappointment.

Someone whom she regard as a friend, someone who she trusted, someone who she thought will always be honest with her, someone who she shared her secret with, someone who she is worried so much about, actually lied to her about his real identity.

"Chanyu?" Xu Ling Ai whispered. But that word did not escape Xu Jia Wen's ears.

"What are you talking about?!" Duke Chen face turn pale. In a matter of seconds, Ganba dagger placed on his neck. Everyone's attention fell on them.

Fear can be felt as mongolian were known to merciless. The fact that Li Jun Yi try to kill their leader doesn't make it easier.

All the guards point out their swords at the group mongolians direction.

"Guess you're the same as your mother. Love to use poison. But I'm not stupid like a certain person." Chanyu look at Li Zhao while saying it.

"Guards take him down!" The empress couldn't contain her patient any longer. Her secret will be exposed any time soon. At the same time she is also worried about his son.

"So you're declaring a war despite your side is the one who make a stupid moves by trying to kill me?" Chanyu chuckled at their stupidity.

"There seems to be misunderstanding! This emperor do not wish any blood to be shed in here. I will punish my son for his reckless behavior." The emperor quickly readdress.

"A life should be exchanged with a life. He tried to kill me then I should kill him isnt it? He might be failed in killing me but I will kill him." Chanyu mercilessly snarl.

"Your Majesty! I admit my fault! Save me! Please don't let him kill me! Imperial father!" Duke Chen shivered at the touch of the sharp dagger on his neck. One strike he is dead. He begged his father which bring embarrassing murmur from the crowd. They feel embarrassed of their own prince.

"Young man, this emperor will promise you anything." The emperor literally begged the mongolians for his son's life. This shows how he loves his child but somehow it spoiled his child.

"Anything?" Chanyu smile in triumph. The emperor hesitantly nodded.

"You never came here for an agreement aren't you?" Li Zhao feel annoyed by this whole things. He would rather to back to the manor and spend time with Xu Ling Ai.

"Indeed, Duke Su is the smartest. Since things had happened this way, I will state my wish to His Majesty. The emperor word's hold its weight isn't it?" Chanyu trailed off his words before he dropped the bomb.

"I want her to come with me." Chanyu bravely point at Xu Ling Ai's direction.

At this point, Li Zhao finally lose his cool. That was the last thing he could endure at. The table in front of him split into two because of his strength.

"How dare you?!"

Knowing that Li Zhao is mad, Xu Ling Ai who is totally clueless by the whole chaos, stand up abruptly.

"Chanyu stop this whole nonsense!" Walking through the crowd, the officials look at the fearless Xu Ling Ai.

"They know each other."

"They are acquaintance."

"But how did Xu Ling Ai and Chanyu know each other?" Murmur can be heard.

"Xu Ling Ai, it's been awhile. How are you doing?" Chanyu sarcastically question her who seems very angry.

Xu Ling Ai angrily stand in front of him and said to him in a small voice. Which clearly shows how disappointed in him.

"I never thought you actually lied to me about your identity."

Chanyu couldn't reply to her words. He knows she is hurting by his actions.

"They all hate you. So isn't it better if you come with me?" Chanyu pretend not to hear her.

"Chanyu your request is a bit inappropriate. Xu Ling Ai is Duke Su's princess consort. How can she possibly follow you?" The emperor try to persuade Chanyu to request others.

"Nothern Xiongnu Leader, you are messing with the wrong person. Stop whatever you're planning at." Li Zhi Ming who is silent finally stood up when a ridiculous request made by Chanyu.

"Ohh seems like your little brother in law is helping you as well. What about you? Will you also trade your life for her?" Chanyu asked Duke Chen.

"You can take her. Right imperial father? We can just find another lady for Second Brother." Duke Chen cowardly try to sacrifice others.

However, no one expected for Duke Su to pull Xu Ling Ai along with him. He is afraid the old scenario will happen again. So he might as well walked away from there.

"Li Zhao stop right there! Are you letting your brother die?" The emperor command him to stop but he doesn't. He ignore all of the sounds.

Duke Chen's consort and concubine cried out for someone to help him. While the empress asked the guard to kill Chanyu.

Nearing the door, Xu Ling Ai look back at Ganba's dagger slowly go through Li Jun Yi's throat. Blood slowly stream down from the small injury.

"I will come with you!" Xu Ling Ai declaration surprised everyone. Including Li Zhao, whose foot steps stop immediately.

Li Zhao turn around to look at Xu Ling Ai and she feel so scared at his reaction. She can't possibly let someone die because of her.

"Are you crazy?!" Duke Su's contain his wrath anymore.

"I will just talk to him." Xu Ling Ai held his hand trying to calm him down.

"Talk about what?! He lied to you!" The spectators watch the husband and wife fight.

"I can't let your brother die because me." Li Zhao ignore her and drag her. She try her best to stop him.

"Li Zhao listen! I will talk to him! He will surely listen to me. Please." Xu Ling Ai begged him.

"Do you really think he befriend you sincerely? Are you digging your own grave? He is just trying to take revenge on us!" Li Zhao scold her for her stupidity.

"I know he lied to me! But still I believe he is sincere! So please trust me for once." Her eyes full of determination.

P.S.
Did you guys get your booster jab? I did and the side effect only lasts for a few days, so glad that I'm fine.

Also the story might end very soon. I hope I get to end it properly. Just wanted to tell you guys that I will not be able to update the story everyday. Sorry - R

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R