Chapter 18

Morning light bled into the room. 

Lafayette stretched, her eyes opening slowly. Her body was sore in all the right places. She felt new and whole.

Nicholas lay half on top of her, his arm thrown over her nakedness. His short brown hair was tussled. His lips slightly parted. His long lashes were laying against his cheekbones, fluttering ever so subtly. 

She twisted as best she could, pushing herself as close to his side as she could before lightly stroking his skin.

He sighed as he burrowed himself closer to her. She ran her hands up and down her back, his side, and his stomach. She slid her hand lower and, wrapping her hand around his manhood.

She squeezed and he groaned, his body twitching as he began to wake up. His eyes shot up as she continued to play with his hardened body.

He grabbed her wrist, his voice a low growl, "Fay..."

"Good morning." She whispered as his eyes peeled open to look at her. He stared at her for a moment, silence passing between. She smiled, leaning in to press her lips against his. He didn't protest, he simply sighed, closing his eyes as he offered a kiss of his own in return.

The kiss started out light and playful and then suddenly he was on top of her and her arms were around his neck. He dug his hands into her hair, his body planted firmly between her thighs. He moaned her named against her lips, "Lafayette, Lafayette..."

Her name was like a symphony on his tongue. Their kissing turned to touching and then they were tumbling in the sheets. Writhing against each other as sweat began to bead down their skin. 

Lafayette felt dizzy with pleasure. Her body felt as if it were on fire and just as she began to feel the familiar tingling's of euphoria there was a knock on the door.

Lafayette froze, gasping as Nicholas continued to kiss at her neck and pump into her. The knock went off again, louder. She felt her body coming undone. Her legs began to shake and tears pricked her eyes.

Nicholas reached up, covering her mouth with his hand as she tilted her back, covering her scream of orgasm, "Shhh, darling, I know." 

His hand was quickly replaced by his lips. The feel of her body tightening around him was his undoing. He followed her over the edge, kissing her passionately as they both came back to reality.

Nicholas stared down at the woman tucked underneath them. His heart was pounding in his ears. His body was sated. His mind was screaming her name and manifesting her image constantly. He kept trying to convince himself that she wasn't his to have. And yet here he was, caught under her spell once more.

He pulled himself away from her, climbing from her bed with a quickness. He raked a frustrated hand through his hair while he searched for his discarded clothes. 

Lafayette sat up, the covers falling around her naked body as she watched his dress vigorously. 

She smiled slowly. She was filled with a certain anticipation that she couldn't quite put a finger on. But she knew he wanted her now. He had proven it constantly throughout the night. He had proven it in the way he held her in his arms as he fell asleep. He had proven in the gentleness of his kisses. He had proven it in the sweet promises of affection he had given her over and over again.

She climbed from the bed as he slipped into his shoes. He turned around to look at her but froze as her naked form approached him. He swallowed the lump in his throat before taking a step backward.

She followed him until he had backed himself into the wall. "Alfred invited me to go with him. I decided that I would go last night."

He frowned immediately, his brows furrowing. "You won't."

She raised a brow, tilting her head slightly, "Oh? And why is that?"

He stayed silent for a moment and she crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm going, Nick. You have no say in anything that I do."

He pushed away from the wall, walking toward her. She stood her ground, not flinching or moving a muscle as he stopped right up against her. "You won't be going because I said so."

Her chin rose at the tone of his voice, "And who are you to say what I can and cannot do?"

"Your parent's entrusted me with your care."

She jabbed a finger at him, "No, Leo was the one entrusted with my care. He is my guardian on this god forsaken trip. I asked who you were to tell me what I can or cannot do!"

"You're mine, damn it! And if I see you in or near Alfred's bloody coach I'll shoot him down like a priced hunt, do you understand me?" Nicholas seethed, unable to contain the intense emotion suddenly raging within him. 

Nicholas sighed, running his hands across his face. Dear God, when had he gotten so bold? And when had he solidified in his mind that she was his?

"God... What have you done to me? I dream about you when I sleep, I smell you when you're away, I crave you like I've never known. I'm frightened of you and these feelings but by God I'll kill any man that touches you."

Lafayette stayed silent for a moment. Her eyes were glued to his. She exhaled the breath she hadn't even realized she had been holding in, "What does that mean, Nicholas? You're in love with me but you won't have me... and no one else is allowed to have me either?"

Before he could answer she shook her head, taking a step back. "Get out."

"Lafayette." 

"Get out of my room so that I can get dressed and have my luggage brought downstairs. I'm going with Alfred! You can just go on with your vacation and forget about me."

He grabbed her arm, "You can't go with him. I won't allow it."

Before she could respond there was another knock on the door followed by a calm familiar voice, "You two should really learn to use you inside voices. Once you're both presentable, we'll need to talk."