𝐧 𝐢 𝐧 𝐞

He knew what she was going to announce him was important, maybe life-changing, but he knew, in that exact moment, that he would face anything for her. And the way Rosemary poured her feelings for him in this first kiss proved him she was feeling the same thing.

Panting slightly, Theo pulled back and rest his forehead on Rosemary's, who wasn't breathless like him, but looked like she was amazed by what just happened. 

"Was this okay?" The young man asked in a quiet voice, wanting to be sure he hadn't crossed the girl's boundaries. 

"More than okay," Rosemary smiled softly and pressed her lips against her mate's once more. "We should go back now," Gulping, the human nodded and accepted his crush's hand when she offered it. The walk back to the house went by quickly as both of them were eager to be done with this, for different reasons. The vampire wanted to be done with this so she could fully live the relationship she dreamed of with Theo, while being totally honest with him, and Theo wanted to resolve every mystery that floated around the Cullens and be able to develop something with Rosemary.

When they entered the house, the girl's family was nowhere to be seen. Not really understanding, Rosemary looked around nervously. Where were they? They obviously just left as their scents was still all over the place, but why would they? They knew what was more likely to happen today, and they knew she needed them. 

Shaking her head to get rid of those thoughts, the dark-haired girl led her mate in her room, which he hadn't seen yet. Looking around curiously, Theodore noticed she was distracted by something. She had let go of his hand and her eyes were glued to her room's door.

"Rosemary?" He spoke up, catching her attention. Her golden eyes shot up to his face. 

"Can you wait here two minutes? I just need to check on something," Rosemary spoke, avoiding his eyes once again. As he nodded, even if she couldn't see him, the vampire walked away quickly. The young woman had noticed Edward and Esme entering the house and she wanted to talk to them first.

"Where were you guys?" She spoke, desperation making her voice shake. Esme was the first one to hug the young woman.

"We are going hunting, Alice saw you would be more comfortable that way," The motherly woman pressed a soft kiss upon the girl's forehead before stepping back, holding her shoulders. "You can do this, we know you can do this," Giving her mother a small unconvinced nod, Rosemary watched her as she left the house to join Carlisle, waiting for her at the trees' borders. Turning her head to her brother, she jumped in surprise when she was met by his chest. 

"Rose, when are you going to realize we all believe in you and in what you can do?" Edward voiced his most frequent thought. 

"I swear, I try to, but it seems like I just can't," Rosemary's voice cracked as she hid her face against her brother's shoulder. 

"I know, and it's okay. We all want you to take the time you need to move on, but it hurts us to see you like this," The bronze-haired vampire stroke her hair in a soothingly manner. "We are not like them, and we will never let you feel like what you do is not okay, or not enough. You know this?" The smaller woman nodded her head, not looking up. "Rose," He spoke in a stern voice.

"I know," She whispered, not really caring about it. She knew what Edward wanted to hear. But he could hear her thoughts and knew she was not being sincere. The mind reader lift an unimpressed eyebrow. "I am enough," Rosemary vocalized, not quite believing it, but it was already better than the past time.

"More than enough," Edward whispered in a proud voice and pressed a small kiss on her hairline before leaving the house. The dark-haired girl was looking after him, deep in her thoughts. She could never ask for a better brother than Edward. Since they had known each other, since he had found her dying, he was always there to help her with her insecurities. It was a hard task, seeing that it was the most important thing that was inked into her from her human life. Before she was a vampire, and joined the Olympic coven, her family made great efforts for her to know that her opinion and ideas were not important. That anything she ever said was not enough for them to take it into consideration. That she was not enough and that she would never be enough. For anyone.