Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"What do you mean?" I asked, very interested.

"You see there's a competition held once a year. Anyone can join and those who gained the most points on that period will win. The reward is you get security from the school until you're permitted to leave this academy and I tell you they do have the best security here. Why else would we be staying here?" I nodded at Ria. Wow, I didn't know competitions like this happen.

"And aside from the huge amount of gold, you get to go home anytime you want and still come back here," Nessa told me excitedly.

"We both tried every year but it was so hard, with everyone here wanting to win."

"Who won the last time?" I asked.

"There could only be one girl and a guy that could win. Last year it was Anastasia and Prince Eric James Thamos Caylanders, but I doubt Anastasia didn't cheat. She tried to win the year before but had been tricked by none other than Prince Lucas," Ria explained. I raised my eyebrow at this. Prince Lucas just won last, last year which means he wasn't a very old student but then he could also be but hadn't had the chance. For all I could know he could be a creepy old man.

"That's why there were two princes that won last, last year instead of a prince and a princess." Nessa clapped her hands.

"And who they might be?" I asked.

"Prince Lucas and Prince Gavier Dracus Rivera Czarkshaw." Nessa exclaimed.

"Speaking of which."

  Three very handsome guys suddenly appeared and I gasped. Well it's not every day you see three super-hot and sexy models. You could really tell that they came from a royal family by how they walked and sat down. What caught my eye most was the dark-haired one, he had very piercing blue eyes and a sinister sarcastic smirk, almost as if he was sneering at everyone. On the other hand the blonde haired one with green eyes looked like the one you would call a prince charming. He had a smile that would melt you to your knees. Lastly the red haired had a mischievous air on him, he had been winking to girls and looking at their legs like a pervert. I was so glad I covered my legs or I would've punched the daylights out of him.

 "The one with the red hair is Prince Eric. He's the one who won last year. The dark haired one is Prince Gavier Czarkshaw who also won the game the last time and the blonde haired one is the prince you've been asking about. He is Prince Lucas."

I was astounded by what Ria said. "That's Prince Lucas?"

"Yes! Isn't he so handsome and great?" Nessa exclaimed.

"I was just shocked. I mean I thought he would at least be a little older than that."

"That's why everyone was surprised when they heard the rumor about him selecting you personally."

I stared at the handsome young prince. "I don't even know him. What made him choose me?"

"We're all on the same page. On the other hand we've been chatting here for so long, let's go."

"Right, I also need to go to the bathroom." Nessa agreed while I nodded. I have more problems than to bother about that prince. We all stood up, leaving our mess on the table and walked side by side out of the dining hall. I could feel the eyes on us but there was one distinct stare that made me feel chills on my back. I looked back and locked eyes from what I presumed was Prince Gavier Dracus Czarkshaw. He held my gaze, scrutinizing my appearance then finally scoffed after Prince Lucas interrupted him. Prince Lucas smiled at me as if he had been waiting for me and then suddenly they all stood up and began walking to us. Not good.