Chapter 39 - meeting her

I finally made it back to the kitchen with Serenity in my arms and nyla by my side

I walked back to where I was sitting and put nyla on the second seat and Serenity in the high chair although I don't know when that got there.

" why are you two looking at me? " I asked diana and Anthony.

" nothing you just look very lovely being a mom " Anthony said.

" thank you.. " I trailed off and the chef put plates in front of us.

" Merci " I said and smiled in response.
( thank you )

Nyla grabbed a piece of French toast off the plate and started eating while Serenity just so happened to grab a fruit.

Lenard cut the French toast up which I thank him for because life will be much faster.

After I made sure they were good I sat down and also started eating.

" so this person you said I was supposed to be meeting.. are they going to be here anytime soon? " I asked after a few seconds.

" yes she is " he said and i nodded and continued eating.

I wonder who this person is and maybe I have mentioned that but I don't care.

My phone rang and I knew it was Henry so I quickly grabbed it out of my pocket and answered it.

" hello " I said and it started requesting FaceTime.

I rolled my eyes before accepting it and like two seconds later Henry's face appeared on the screen.

" let me see her " he said and I moved the camera to Serenity.

" Serenity! " he yelled and I felt everyone's eyes like damn mind your business.

" daddy! " Serenity said and started showing him the fruit in her hand.

" wow what is it? " he asked and she took a bite of it.

" I missed you " he said and she put the fruit down only to start reaching for the phone.

" no " I said and she started whining.

" no " I said again and the whining turned into crying.

God help me..

" here " I said giving it to her and she went quiet.

" you know if you constantly give her things that she wants when she starts to throw a fit then that'll turn her spoiled " Henry said.

" and? she will forever be spoiled and there's no question about it " I said back and went back to eating.

Why wouldn't I spoil her? I want her to have a life way better than the one I had.