Chapter Nine

It had now been a few weeks since the dinner party and it's safe to say that Tate's plan worked for one of us. Tate and Travis are now dating. They got together the night of the dinner party but only told Austin and me a week later. It really does suck breaking up with your boyfriend, even if he was fake but I'm happy for both of them. They are such a cute couple! Things with Austin and I went back to normal, I had my best friend back and I couldn't be happier.

"This movie sucks!" I heard the man above me complain into my hair. I rolled my eyes and looked at him.

"You picked it!" I told him while hitting his arm.

"The title was misleading, I thought it would be cute but this is garbage acting" He complained while laying down, annoyingly bringing me down with him since I was sitting in his lap.

"You like the lead actors though," I told him while rolling off of him and laying next to him. He turned to me and smiled.

"Yeah but then they brought in MacNee and he completely ruined the movie" He explained while moving the hair out of my eyes. Things have been weird lately with Austin, sure we were back to normal but he would stare longer, push the hair out of my eyes and cuddle me a lot more than before. I don't mind it since I am in love with him but I do wish I knew what has gotten into him.

"I heard they're bringing it back, years later with the same actors too," I told him while snuggling the pillow. Austin smiled before pulling me closer.

"Really? They would be in their forties now and I heard Nolan retired years ago to be with his family" He said and I nodded.

"All true and his husband just retired from the music business but the production company thinks a reboot would be good" I explained while sitting up.

"Hopefully the reboot is better than this garbage," He said before sitting up with me. I stood up and stretched.

"Where are you going?" He asked and I smiled.

"To eat. We've been in my bed since this morning and it's already two in the afternoon, I'm hungry" I told him while putting on my shoes. He pouted while standing up.

"But I don't want to leave the bed" He complained and I rolled my eyes.

"Please Austin, I need to eat" I pleaded with him and he sighed while smiling.

"Fine let's go eat, my prince" He bowed before leaving the room while laughing. I smiled and followed him out. We left my house and headed to the diner where we got a table together.

"Are you happy now? I'm feeding you like a good best friend" He said while smiling and picking up the menu even though he always orders the same thing, a veggie burger with sea salt fries. I smiled while rolling my eyes and looking around the diner and noticed the familiar couple with pink and brown hair.

"Isn't that Tate and Travis?" I asked the cutie that was staring intently at the menu. He looked up in the direction that I was staring and smiled.

"Yes, I do believe those are our exes" He joked and I laughed. I texted Tate in an attempt to get their attention and he looked up from the table at me. He smiled before talking to Travis and getting up and walking to our table

"Hey Buttercup and Cowboy" Tate greeted once he sat down next to me while Travis sat next to Austin across the table. Austin rolled his eyes at the nickname that Tate gave us after meeting both of us. I laughed, I forgot about Cowboy Austin from freshman year. He was going through a phase.

"Hey boys, how are our exes doing?" Travis greeted while placing his hands on the table and Tate held it with his. I smiled at how cute they are together.

"Doing fine considering you broke our hearts" Austin said jokingly and the couple laughed.

"You guys are adorable by the way. I felt like it needed to be said" I told them and they smiled. The waitress walked over with a bright smile.

"Good afternoon gentleman, what can I get you lovely couples today?" She asked while looking at all of us. What is with this girl? She always thinks we are couples.

"We will have Portobello Gyros With Hemp Tzatziki for Peyton, fries and a chocolate milkshake for Tate, Vegan Mac and Cheese for Travis, and a veggie burger with sea salt fries for me" Austin ordered for all of us and we all looked at him. How did he know all our orders? Especially Travis's.

"Coming right up!" She said before walking away. I looked at the group of boys before excusing myself to go to the bathroom. I wonder what they will talk about?

I wonder what they will talk about too. Also, Tate and Travis are so cute! Now hopefully Peyton and Austin can join them in the cuteness and be together! The banter between these four now best friends is just so cute. They can laugh about being exes and still get along quite nicely. I wonder what will happen next? Also, next chapter is Austin's POV while Peyton is in the bathroom.

~Jess