Waking up, you laid there for a moment, before checking the time.

6:19 am

Guess it is right, you checked the battery next 42% still.

Maybe it doesn't move?
Hopefully, it's really useful to me.

Hiding the phone again, you sat up, and looked in the mirror.

Sighing, you tried to comb through the messy bed head with your hands.

It didn't look perfect but you looked at least a little more presentable.

You stepped out of your room, walking down the hall, you checked on your okasan in her room.

She was still sound asleep, aa to be expected, she'll probably wake up in an hour or two.

You walked out and went into the living area, you looked outside the window and looked at the lowering moon.

Then you saw it, piercing plum eyes. You made contact with the eyes and you stared at the glowing eyes until they seemingly vanished when the sun rose a bit more.

'Was that a demon? holy shit, what do I tell okasan? does she believe in demons?'

"Dear? "

You look behind you, it was your okasan standing a few feet away from you.

"Oh, good morning okasan.."

"Is something wrong deary? You were looking outside that window for a while. "

'For a while? how long was I there? I mean the sun did rise quite a bit. Jeez.."

"Sorry, Okasan, I- uh, just saw something.."

Her eyes widened a bit, like she knew what you were hinting at.

"What do you mean, dear?"

"I- Have you heard of demons? "

Her eyes widen more, her form became slightly panicked, before she ushered you to sit.

You sat infront of her, and she did the same. Her gentle hands grabbed both your shoulders.

"Okasan? what's wrong? "

"You saw a demon, dear?"

Her words didn't hold the gentle tone they always did.

It scared you.

"I believe so, why are you so panicked?"

"My husband was slaughtered by a demon, right in my own home. "

Your eyes widened, is that why she's so scared?

"Dear, always keep a lookout, especially if you saw them staring at you."

She looked down at her lap, hands still on your shoulders.

"Dear, please tell me, if you ever come into contact with a demon, run, protect yourself in anyway possible. "

You nodded at her, even with her immense fear of demons, you hoped she would let uou become a demon slayer.

"I promise, okasan, I'll protect myself. " You smiled reassuringly at her.

"Thank you dear, sorry for scaring you, I'm going to make breakfast now."

She removed her hands from you, standing up and walking off.

'plum eyes.. don't tell me he's early..'

Standing up, you dusted yourself off.

Walking towards the direction your okasan walked off to, you saw her form hastily made food.