Chapter Ten

I stared at the pair of smirking boys with a raised eyebrow. They have been smirking at me ever since Peyton left for the bathroom. What are they planning?

"So, Austin could you please explain to us why you aren't dating Peyton?" Travis asked me and I rolled my eyes.

"Because Peyton doesn't like me. Trust me I've been dropping hints for the past month and nothing. You guys got together and that's amazing but that's not going to happen for Peyton and me" I explained to the couple. Tate rolled his eyes while Travis sighed.

"Seriously Austin, Are you really this dumb? Can you really not see how he feels about you? What was the point of the plan if you don't end up together?" Tate exclaimed while hitting the table. Travis tried to calm him down and I tilted my head. What plan? What is he talking about?

"What plan?" I asked and both boys' eyes widened. Travis glared at Tate who avoided eye contact with everyone. I waited for an answer that never came before Peyton walked back with a cute expression. I stared at him and a smile graced my own lips. Goodness can he be any cuter?

"Hey, why am I coming back to awkward silence?" He asked once he sat down beside Tate. The boy continued to avoid eye contact and my unanswered question was without an answer.

"Peyton, can I talk to you, over there?" Tate asked the cutie beside him and they both walked away. I sighed while looking at Travis.

"Now that they are gone, how are you feeling?" He asked me while staring at me and I relaxed.

"I think it's safe to say that I'm in love with my best friend. Everything he does is so cute and I just want to hold him and kiss him. Seriously I've been dumping hints. I've been way more clingy and nothing. He doesn't like me" I told my ex-boyfriend who smiled. This is not a time to smile.

"You should tell him how you feel, with actual words" He stated causing me to roll my eyes.

"It's not that simple Travis. He's my best friend, we've been there for each other since we were babies. I can't deal with things if this messes our friendship. I need him in my life" I explained to him while frowning and looking over at Peyton who was listening to Tate.

"Sometimes you need to take the risk. When Tate texted me, I decided to go see him and now we are together. I put my heart out there and he felt the same way. Tell Peyton how you feel and see what happens. Trust me he will never leave you" He told me while smiling sweetly. He does have a point. I could tell Peyton and we could end up together, that would be perfect but if nothing happens, he will still be my best friend.

"What's the plan that Tate was talking about by the way?" I asked him and he looked panicked for a second.

"Don't listen to Tate okay? He's a cutie but sometimes he says random things that have no meaning" He explained while avoiding my gaze and looking at the boys who were walking back to the table.

"Sorry about that, I needed to ask Peyton about the homework," Tate said while sitting back down. I looked at Peyton who sipped his water.

"You still have homework? Graduation is next Friday, you should be doing finals right now" I asked the nervous pink-haired boy who looked at his boyfriend for support.

"Tate is behind in math so he still has homework" Travis explained. I looked at them before shrugging. Tate won an award last year for the highest grade in his advanced math class but sure, he's behind. They are clearly lying but I don't care honestly. The food finally arrived and I dug into my meal. Peyton was right, we really did need to eat something today. I looked at Peyton while he talked with Tate and Travis and enjoyed my meal. I should take the risk, he's worth putting myself out there. I'll confess to Peyton today.

It's happening people!! Austin is going to confess to Peyton later today!! I'm so excited! Also, Tate is a smart boy, he may have almost given away the fake relationship plan but he's super smart in math meaning they are just the worst liar ever. What will happen next? Will Austin's confession of love turn out for the best?

~Jess