𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

a/n WE'RE GETTING THERE HANG WITH ME IT'S GETTING GOOD OKAY OKAY

anyways enjoy favorite cousin content

alex chortled. "you're telling me you've barely met this guy in person and you're already inviting him to dinner?"

iris frowned. "i haven't invited him yet. why? do you think it's a bad idea?"

they shrugged. "i dunno. yolo, in my opinion. but maybe clarify that he'll be meeting your shitshow of a family." their honey-brown eyes lit up. "ask him if he's into disaster movies! if he is, say he can expereicnce one irl."

iris cocked a brow. "irl?"

alex's copper skin darkened with a blush. "leave me alone!" they laughed together, alex nearly spilling coffee all over their unreadable, red fire hoodie. iris had always been jealous of her cousin's style, though they'd never admit it. "if you're too afraid to be weird, i'll come instead."

"nah, it's okay. i'll...i don't know. it's weird."

"everything about this is weird. you texted the wrong number, now you're moving in with him – just invite him over. you literally have nothing to lose."

"except a house."

"then you just transfer colleges and move in with me in washington."

"that's on the opposite side of the country."

"you and i have done worse," alex retorted, to which iris had to give them that.

"you're such a bitch," she muttered, pulling out her phone.

rye bread
come over to family dinner?

moments later, a response.

clae bae
will rowan be there

alex, able to read the text from where they sat, gagged at the name. "jesus, if i see rowan for a second, i'm gonna throw up."

"you and me both," iris muttered.

rye bread
no. just my sister and my parents. you don't have to. i just literally have nothing else to do and i'd figure this could be the best kind of trauma bonding :D

jk jk. my sister just wants to meet you badly

clae bae
talked to your family about me?

rye bread
i mean
i figured i should tell them im moving

clae bae
when's the dinner?

rye bread
like sunday or something idk

clae bae
how should i dress?