Chapter 2. Mouse.

The second Seamus heard that Sebastian was coming he insisted that they should both travel in the carriage.

"Who knows when we will see each other once we reach the Academy?" he convinced Sebastian with hanging head.

During the two week trip Sebastian made sure to shower the boy with love and affection and several times assured him that even with a likely separation they would always be friends.

"More than friends. You know I consider you a brother", Sebastian consoled Seamus when he cried because of home sickness. "You will have my protection and my encouragement when you need a kick in the behind."

"Like now?" the boy asked looking up with tear stained cheeks accentuating his delicate features.

"Exactly", Sebastian confirmed taking him in a warm hug placing a kiss on his head. "And look at the  bright side. Nobody will be pinching your cheeks or calling you a baby."

Seamus' face lit up. 'Of course! He might miss home and especially his mother, but he was finally freed from his older sisters who used to dress him up in girls clothes and forced him to sit through endless tea parties.

Actually this whole trip hadn't been too bad. The tavern he just entered would be the last before reaching the Academy somewhere in the late hours of tomorrow. As always Sebastian handled all the details for their accommodations and food while Kai and Reese tended to the horses and carriage. Sliding into a bench closest to the fire he looked up and saw his friend approaching with a weary smile running his hand through blackened hair. Seamus felt guilty.

"I'm sorry that you had to dye your hair for this trip. I know you had to do it because I didn't want to go camping", he said.

"Don't worry about it", Sebastian shook taking a seat next to him. "It's kind of a given whenever I accompany my father on trips. Minato is hospitable to foreigners, but further out people tend to be either cautious or downright hostile."

"Are you worried about how other students might react to you?" Seamus asked with big eyes.

Sebastian took in a deep breath. 'Of course it was something he thought about, but did it actually matter? When it all came down to it did he fit in anywhere? His father told him about her struggles to come to term with her mismatch wolf and having to hide her true self. Being one of a kind sucked, but at least she was able to create a place for herself within the werewolf community. He fell out of place in both the human and werewolf world. Was he worried? No. But it did make him wonder how the students at the Academy would see him. As a gifted human or a crippled werewolf?'

"I'm not and neither should you", he stated pouring some hot cider. "Start eating before it gets cold."

Kai closed the door to the town stables when she noticed a hooded figure in the dark staring intently at her. Since this person wasn't hiding and showed no hostile intentions she nudged Reese.

"You go ahead. I'm right behind you."

With Reese safely out of the way, Kai turned her full attention to the motionless figure.

"This is the point where you start talking", she said using the full weight of her Alpha voice.

Most trembled and hurried to answer when she used this tone. The least she expected was a slight shudder. A sculpted eyebrow raised in surprise when nothing happened.

"I was going to ask for your assistance", the figure said lifting his hood revealing a young man. "But if you're going to be a dick about it I think I'll pass."

He turned on his heels ready to bolt when a sudden movement across the street made him flinch and retreat back into the shadows. Kai saw four angry men and sized up the situation quickly.