001. . . i need a hero

(

( . . 𝐴𝐶𝑇 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹; 𝑪𝑯 𝑶𝑵𝑬 ━━━━━ ! ﹆◞ ❫
𝗜 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗 𝗔 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗢 / 我需要一个英雄

2012 was one of the most stressful yet challenging years in Mulan's lifetime. And that's coming from someone who had to grow up while the Mongols roamed and conquered. When she was standing in her party dress surrounded by Tony, Pepper, Happy, Rhodey, and even Phill ( Tony took a strange quick liking to him and Mulan couldn't resist inviting one of her favorite agents ) counting down the clock to say goodbye to 2011 on a cool January night, Mulan never thought the year coming would be anything like it was.

The two main stresses of the year: The formation of the Avengers and The Mandarin versus Iron Man squabble. God, Mulan felt she aged about a thousand more years after that.

After Loki was exiled from the nine realms and gained the power of the Tesseract, which was a source of energy that S.H.I.E.L.D. was studying and making weapons with, he took command over the Chitauri to capture New York, most importantly the Earth, for the warlord he was taking orders from.

Herself along with Nick, Maria, Phill, and Clint were called to the Joint Dark Energy Mission Facility when the Tesseract started flaring odd energy by itself, causing them to evacuate.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago," Phill announces as Nick, Maria, Mulan, and him briskly strut to the holding room of the Tesseract.

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to go to the test phase." Nick rebuttals.

"He wasn't testing it. He wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous event." Phill explains.

"So it just turned itself on." Maria nods to herself.

"Where are the energy levels now?" Mulan questions.

"Climbing. When Selvig couldn't even shut it down, we ordered evac." Phill answers.

"Good." Mulan nods at his right choice. "How long until we get everyone out?"

"Campus should be clear in the next half-hour." Phill estimates.

Mulan clicks her teeth, "I'm gonna need you all to go a lot faster than that, cupcake." Phill nods at her command and rushes off in another direction.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Fury and Mulan enter the room after Fury sends Maria off to get all the Phase 2 prototypes cleared out, coming across a panicked Dr.Selvig in their wake.

"Talk to me, Doctor."

"Directors." Selvig stumbles over to them.

"Is there anything we know for certain?" Fury calls out.