Chapter 20

Battle over Ryloth

Squadrons of Terran and clone fighters were attacking each other as their capital ships attempted to take each other out. The once dark empty space was now full of destroyed ships with blaster and machine gun fire lighting up over the planet.

At the moment the terrans were slowly being over whelmed by the amount of clones that were thrown as they made a small opening around the planet to supply their troops. There have been no responses from the Terran ground forces and no one knew exactly the situation they were currently in ever since the republic reinforcements came.

The terrans had called for reinforcements hours ago also and was forced to hold their ground resulting in many casualties. Although the terrans were losing men, the republic were losing even more as the terrans training, technology, and tactics were giving them a hard time as clones were being killed left and right.

Victory seemed to be in sight for them though, but it would come at a cost for them as a Terran fighter would take out scores of them before they killed the terran. All they had too do was overwhelm the terrans troops for a while, but on the edge of the battle two high speeding fighters were approaching the battle and the republic was about to find out why they were called demons.As they start to enter over the battle one of the speaks.

"It's time to dive into the fireworks." Pixy says as the two of them dive straight in the middle of the battle avoiding any blaster fire coming at them. Both of them maneuver their way around the blaster fire as all shots miss with no signs of them slowing down.

"We will survive galm 1." He says as he fires two missiles on the bridges of a venator as he passes by. The impact of the missiles turn the twin bridges into a ball of fire as anyone in side it being killed instantly.

Cipher right along him fires multiple of his at the main guns on the ship effectively crippling the ship from being able to put many guns at them or their allies.

As the pass the ship squadrons of clones who saw their actions pursue them believing they can take the two down. This of course goes very wrong for them as the two split apart with many of the clones following behind. As all the clones choose who they will follow as both of the terrans then turn towards each other and once they get close enough they fire on the clones destroying some of them.

Some of the clone pilots avoiding the fire fly right into the debris left behind from those killed by the terrans killing them instantly as they explode.

Scores of clone fighters had been killed by just two pilots in a matter of seconds and they were slowly crippling republic capital ships as they maneuvered themselves around the battle with no one able to slow them down.

As they continue to take out anything that is thrown at them the commander if the fleet contacts them to lead a desperate charge in the weakest part of the republics fleet in an attempt to make contact and supply their ground forces.

"Galm team this is the commander of this operation speaking to you right now. Make a hole through the republic navy if you are able too." The commander says over their comms.

"We don't need most of the republic forces destroyed for now. We just need contact with our ground forces. We have no clue what is going on down there." He says.

"I pray for your success galm team. Our Terran forces on the ground depends on you." He says before cutting the transmission with them.

"I guess it's time for the real battle to begin now cipher. Don't let your guard down." Pixy says as they both turn towards their target.

Squadrons of Terran fighters can seen following them as they concentrate most of their forces in a particular area around the planet.

The clones seeing this build up of fighters speed their way towards them taking them head on. This becomes a big mistake for them as stream of gun fire from the terran fighters cut through their formations with entire squads of them being killed before they are even able to react. A huge dogfight then begins as the two forces meet up.

Because the clones tactics were flawed against the Terran the republic were fighting a losing battle as the terrans started to push them back.

"What a bunch of amateurs. Having an army of well trained pilots mean nothing if their strategies and tactics are centuries old. No wonder our kill ratio is so high for us." Pixy says as he makes kill after kill on them.

A couple of Terran fighters get caught in the exchange, but most of them survive the first wave before more clones takes their places as the Terran slowly moves towards the planet.

Little by little an opening in the republic is opened again as the Terran capital ships follow behind as the republic can do nothing about. The heavy loses on their side has started to affect them and any counterattack against them is not possible.

As they start to break through the republic defense with galm team leading the charge the Terran flagship receives a faint transmission from the ground.

"Sir we picked up a transmission from the ground. It might be from one of our ground divisions." A officer says to his ship commander.

"Put it in. We've lost contact with them for hours ago. We need to know what is going on down there." The commander says.

As the officer connects with them a person can be heard yelling, but most of his words are cut off.

"Br...row...w...are...ing... surro..." A voice says desperately, but with most of his words cut off and no one knows what he is saying.

"Make it stable. Can't understand a thing he is saying." The commander says.

As the officer tries to make it stable the person yelling becomes clearer.

"I say again broken arrow! Broken arrow! They are charging through our lines! If anyone can hear this acknowledge back." The marine yells as explosions and yelling can be heard in the background.

"We hear you loud and clear. Help is on the way. Just hold on a little longer." The commander says as he starts to form any fighters and bombers left to help the out.

"What is going on down there." The commander says as the comms become filled with the sounds of gun fire and tanks moving around.

"Those clones charged us when they were sent more troops. They are losing mass amount of troops, but they are slowly starting to overwhelm us with their numbers." The marine says.

We won't be able to hold our ground if this- incoming!" The marine yells out as a loud explosion is heard and then static.

"Trooper can you hear me...trooper!" The commander yells out.

"Shit. Get the army down there. Looks like they will have to save the marines ass again." The commander says as the perpetration of another assault begins.

"And get in contact with high command. They've fucking done it this time." The commander says looking back at the battle as signs of it ending is no where to be seen.

Somewhere in hyperspace

Are all the troops ready?" A man wearing armor says.

"Yes mand'alor. All troops are ready for the assault." A mandalorian answers him.

"Good. It's time to give the terrans a helping hand." He says.

"Once we exit hyperspace I want all fighters to focus on the republics fighters for now. We'll deal with the venators later." He says.

"A few more minutes and mandalore will be at war with the republic and this time they will pay." He says as hundreds of mandalorian ships can be seen tailing behind him as they all get ready for their entrance in the war.