Chapter Thirteen

"Is today the day?" The brown-haired man asked me while holding his pink-haired boyfriend's hand. Travis, Tate, and I were currently having coffee at the small cafe in town, waiting for my adorable boyfriend to show up after his reunion with his father. We were newly back in town after leaving for college and Peyton's father couldn't last another second without his son. I smiled while sipping my macchiato and annoying the impatient men sitting on the other side of the table.

"Yes, I just need the finishing touches and operation propose to Peyton is a go," I told the pair who got all excited. Tate clapped his hand in excitement and I rolled my eyes.

"I am so excited to be a best man. I look really good in tuxedos, just ask Travis, he's seen me at prom. Now can we see the ring?" Tate exploded with excitement causing his boyfriend to chuckle and try to calm him down.

"I'll show you the ring if you promise not to give away the surprised to Peyton when he gets here" I warned him and he frowned.

"Fine, I'll wait until you give it to Peyton" He whined.

"Give what to Peyton?" I heard the voice of my adorable boyfriend of six years. I smiled at him while pecking his lips as a greeting. I saw him melt before taking his seat beside me.

"Hey babe, how was your father?" I asked the cutie once he sat down and I could wrap my arm around his waist.

"He was a mess, he really missed me. Can you believe that he took up skating as a hobby, he can't even stand on wheels. I need to go back there tonight to make sure he doesn't kill himself" He explained while drinking some of my coffee causing me to smile.

"That's interesting and good that we are staying there for the time being. Really wouldn't want your father to be in harm's way" I chuckled and he sighed before looking at the other two boys at this table.

"Tate! Travis! I'm so sorry, I was so wrapped in my dad that I haven't greeted you properly. How have you both been? It feels like it's been years" Peyton greeted the couple with way too much excitement. Did he have any sugar at his father's place?

"It's been four years and that's completely my fault, I got sick last Christmas when we were supposed to meet up" Tate stated with the same energy Peyton has. I swear these two are too much alike.

"Nonsense, we would have been home sooner if it wasn't for the past year" He stated while basically finishing my drink. The last year was pretty hectic with the whole outbreak but now everything is better and I can propose to my amazing boyfriend in the best way I could think of.

"I'm so excited that we finally get to hang out, I have the whole day planned" Tate exclaimed while clapping once again.

"That sounds fun, sadly I can't join since I need to visit my brother but you three have fun. I'll see you tonight right babe?" I asked my cutie who smiled and nodded.

"Bye guys, bye babe, I love you" I kissed Peyton before leaving the cafe. I have very important business with my little brother.

I arrived at my childhood home about half an hour later and walked in like old times. I looked around the familiar home and made my way upstairs to my teen brother's room. I walked to the room next to my old one with the 'Keep out Artist working' sign. I smiled and knocked, hearing the soft come in from my brother. I walked into the room to see the much older Nash.

"Hey bro, are my drawings ready?" I asked the thirteen-year-old who was sitting at his desk, drawing something new.

"Yeah, they're over there in that pile" He pointed to a pile behind him. I smiled while walking to the pile and not seeing the drawings I asked for but a drawing of a brown-haired boy.

"Nash, who's this?" I asked while showing him the drawing. His eyes widened while standing up and taking the page and pile away from me.

"Nobody! Leave them alone. Your pile is over there" He pointed to the other pile and I rolled my eyes. I picked up the drawings that I had requested and walked toward the door.

"Don't tell me but he's cute and I hope you two work out" I told the boy before closing the door and leaving the house. Operation Peyton's proposal is a go.

Everything was now in place. The drawings that I requested from Nash were hung around the room and I was dressed to impress. I was a little nervous because I was excited. I have wanted to marry Peyton for real ever since we got together six years ago and now it's about to happen and I can barely keep my calm. I heard the front door open from downstairs and I got ready, Peyton is coming up the stairs. I heard the door open and a gasp causing my gaze to look up at my adorable boyfriend.

"Austin what is happening?" He asked with a hand over his mouth and his eyes were staring at all the pictures of moments between Peyton and me. I smiled while walking over to him.

"I'm taking you down memory lane," I told him while taking his hand and showing him drawings that he has seen before; the one in the flower field, the one's from before we got together, the ones when we started dating, and finally two last drawings. The one with me on my knees proposing as a child and right now. Peyton stared at me with wide eyes and tears falling, I went down on one knee.

"Peyton Roman Knox, you have been my best friend since we were born a few weeks apart and my boyfriend for the best six years of my life. You have been my whole world for the last twenty-four years so I am here today, in your old room, the one place where I saw I could actually lose you to someone else, asking you to continue being mine forever. Peyton, will you marry me?" I spoke my speech that I had been practicing the last year while opening the box showing off the beautiful silver ring with our initials engraved on it. Peyton stood shocked for a few seconds before crouching down next to me and kissing me.

"Yes! Of course, I'll marry you. I've been waiting sixteen years to marry you" He exclaimed while wrapping his arms around me and I kissed him while smiling. This is definitely a dream come true.

THEY ARE ENGAGED!!! Austin's proposal was so cute!! What better way to propose to your lifelong best friend than asking your incredible artist of a brother to draw your memories. Nash is my favorite character which I've said before which brings me to my next point, he's going to have his own book starting from this version (So 13-year-old Nash) and leading to him being 18. So the boy in his pile of drawings is his future boyfriend known as his best friend who we will meet next month. I'm so excited and I hope you will all love it as much as I do.

~Jess