⚾︎| chapter twenty three

KELANI PARKER
hey you! don't be a silent reader:)

I wish I had a time machine.

Literally.

"C'mon Kelani we don't have all day." Coco says, pulling me towards the entrance.

I tug at her wrist signaling her to let me go. "I can't" I tell her. "I'm going to make a fool out of myself."

She lets go of my wrist, causing me to fall to the ground.

She rolls her eyes and puts he hands on her hips.

I get up from the ground and dust myself off, I try to open the door but I can't bring myself to do it.

I let go of the door hand and look back to Coco who's looking at me, "I can't" I tell her once again, causing her to groan.

She looks at her watch, then back up at me.

"Kelani we have no time for this bullshit, you know you want this, to dance again." She tells me in a mom voice.

She's right. I do, I really do.

"Okay mom." I say in a sarcastic voice.

I stand up and put my hand on the door handle, for the second time.

I finally open the glass door and walk inside the very nice building, looking at every little trophy there is.

We both walk through these huge door, and see many girls warming up for tryouts.

When I mean 'many' I mean it.

I turn around trying to run away but Coco grabs my wrist and pulls me back.

"Nope." She says, still looking at the dancers.

"Since I've already made the team.. I'll be judging along with 2 other girls." She says and I look at her with wide eyes.

"I thought you we're trying out with me?" I whisper yell.

She pats my shoulder and smiles at me, "You'll do great Kelani, I believe in you." She tells me and walks off to go sit with the other girls.

Fuck Coco.

I walk up to a desk with only two girls. A ginger and brunette, and they hand me a number.

21.

I walk off and peel off the thin layer on the paper with my number on it and stick it on my shirt where it's visible.

They've already started to call numbers and, Wow I don't think I've ever been this nervous at tryouts before.

A tap on my shoulder pulls me away from my thoughts, I look over my shoulder and very surprised to see, Riley.

I scoff and roll my eyes, looking back at the girls dancing.

Oh my lord. Can I catch a break?

"What do you want?" I ask her, still looking at the dancers.

She laughs, "Damn you really are a bitch." She says, "Anyways, since when do you dance?"

I roll my eyes, "Since when do you?" I ask her.

"Since I was little." She says.

As if that's impressing me.

"Good for you." I tell her very uninterested at what she's saying.

She looks at me, "Look, I didn't come sit here to apologize for the shit I've said to you." She says.

I laugh a bit, "Trust me I know." I look her up and down. "You would or will never apologize. You want to know why?"

She looks at me.

"Because that's just the type of person you are. Stuck up, thinking everyone wants you." I take a slight pause, "But in reality they don't"

They look on her face is priceless.

"Number 21" A blonde young woman says behind me, I turn my attention toward her. "Your up."

I look back at Riley and just smile, walking off.

Oh this should be good, I love a good competition.

a/n

have a great day or night and i'll see you at the end of chapter 24:)).

Rai<33.

thank you so much for taking your time to read this

love, rai<3