A Forgotten Child

Y/n picked up her pace as her stepmother pulled her hand along forcing the young girl to walk faster.
Y/n's stepmom had decided to take her and her stepsister Maggie to the pizzaplex to celebrate her birthday. Even though it wasn't Y/n's birthday she was still very thankful and excited that she had the chance to go, she had heard so many fun things about the attraction that it was almost impossible to not be excited!

After getting tickets to enter the building, Y/n took a moment to look around the big and bright neon surroundings. The place was absolutely huge someone could definitely find themselves lost in it. Before Y/n could do anything her stepmom picked her up, holding Maggie's hand with her free one.

Maggie was about twelve but her mom still treated her like she was five, spoiling her almost every second although, that wasn't exactly the same for you. Yeah you were treated well but definitely not as well as Maggie ever was that's for sure.
If Maggie did something wrong it automatically became your fault. Maggie was always getting rewarded for being bad, yet you had to work for a reward.

But that's beside the point. You didn't even care today, all you cared about today was having fun at the pizzaplex and seeing all the animatronics!

Maggie tugged at her mom's arm and whined
"Mom why are we going this way?? I thought you said we'd go straight to Roxy raceway as soon as we got here!"

Mom only chuckled a little
"Don't worry we'll get there, we just need to drop off Y/n at the daycare first"

"Wait daycare?? Why? But I wanna go see the animatronics...and get ice cream...."

You thought to yourself, a frown starting to from on your face. Don't get me wrong you're still grateful but you were really looking forward to doing all the "big kid" stuff...

After arriving at the daycare center your mom set you down on the floor and signed your name in at the receptionist desk. You could overhear the clerk and her talking, saying something like:

"Ma'am aren't you going to stay and wait for her?"
.
"Oh, no she'll be fine!"
.
"Are you sure..?"
.
"Well there's other children and adults here right? So there's really no problem, while she's here it's the employee's job to look after her, not mine"
.
"Uh..right"
.
You watched your mom walk away with Maggie excitedly pulling her along.
Feeling left out and disappointed you stared down at your feet with a sad expression on your face.

Just then the receptionist came over and sat down next to you

"Hey there, I'm Cory what's your name?" The man asked gently. He must've felt bad that your mom just left you there...

You shyly looked up at him and quietly answered..

"I'm Y/n.."

"Nice to meet you Y/n. You know I'm sure there's a lot of other kids who would like to play with you, why don't you go talk to them?"

He seemed very nice but you just shook your head and looked at the floor again. Cory seemed to understand that you were shy and decided to give you some space.
"That's alright, I'll be over at the desk if you need anything!"
He then got up and walked away. Feeling a bit lonely again you stood up and walked over to a small corner of the play area.

You sighed as you sat there for probably a half an hour, watching all the other kids laugh and play with each other. There was a part of you that wanted to go and join them but the other part of you was too scared, so you continued to sit in your corner all by yourself.

About ten minutes later a little girl with black hair who was about your age approached you with two barbie dolls in her hands. You looked at her curiously as she plopped down next to you with a smile spread acrossed her face.

"Hi! My name is Sarah, what's your name?"

"Y/n.."

Sarah giggled and offered one of her dolls out to you
"Wanna play with me?"

You paused for a second then gave her a small smile and took the doll into your own hand and nodded.
"Y-yeah!"

~Time skip~

You and Sarah played dolls for what felt like hours, neither one of you getting bored. While you two were in the middle of playing, a boy who looked to be a few years older than you guys came up to you and stole your dolls obnoxiously.

"Hey! Give them back!" Sarah squeaked while standing up, you beside her. The boy just made fun of you guys and held the toys out of your reach sense he was taller than both of you. Sarah was about to go get her mom when you both noticed a tall figure standing behind the boy. He seemed to notice too and turned around only to come face to face with a tall and skinny animatronic that resembled a sun, due to the spikes around it's head along with it's bright color scheme.

The boy's face turned pale and his eyes widened. The animatronics just stared at him for a few seconds then finally said:

"Hey did you take those dolls from these two girls? That's not very nice, you should return them and apologize"

The little boy nodded and gave you and Sarah the toys back while muttering an apology then ran off into the other section of the play area. The tall and smiley animatronic turned it's attention back towards the two of you. Your dark haired friend smiled and quickly hugged it's metal leg.

"Thank you Mr. Sun!"

"You're welcome! It's wrong to take something that doesn't belong to you. What are your names?"

Sarah gladly told him her name and then pointed to you
"That's Y/n! She looked lonely so I wanted to play with her"

You smiled shyly and gave the intimidating yet sweet animatronic a small wave.
"H-hi.."

"Hi there! Well if you two are lonely then how about we go and do something fun? We could finger paint, doodle, really do just about anything!"

Sarah jumped up and down from excited and agreed happily. You were pretty excited too so you nodded and agreed. The animatronic then introduced himself as Sundrop or Sun and he took your hand in one and Sarah's hand in his other and you all went off to play together.

~Time skip~

Eventually Sarah had to leave, and you both hugged goodbye as she left with her family. Soon enough more and more kids left with their parents until you were the only child left.

You were having such a fun time with Sun that you didn't even notice how late it was and that your stepmom never came to pick you up. When it was closing time you and Sun were playing hide and seek so none of the workers saw you and shut down the whole pizzaplex for the night.

After playing for awhile later you finally noticed that...
There was no one else in the daycare center.
Everyone had left and you were forgotten...
That became painfully clear when all the lights suddenly turned off, leaving you standing in the dark.

All by yourself...