twenty-two

My heart was racing. They had a gun pointing to Colby's chest.

"Please don't." I cry out towards the cop. I look at Colby to see he's looking at me softly.

"It's okay, Jordan." And within a second, they shoot Colby and drive away.

I go towards Colby with tears running down my face. "It should've been me. He told me and I didn't try to stop them." I cry out.

"I'm sorry." I break down while putting my head on his chest.

Right as I do that, I jolt up in bed. I look around to see I'm in my room.

But where's Colby? He stays with me every night because of my nightmares. But he's not here.

I could hear talking in the living room so I rush in there.

Evan and Wesley were sitting on the couch. They turn to me knowing I just walked in.

I could see their demeanor change. "Colby!" Evan yelled for him.

Colby jogged in here from the kitchen. He was looking at me worriedly. "Did you have another nightmare?" He asked sadly.

All I did was nod my head so he rushed towards me. He held me in his arms while I silently cried.

He rubbed my back while he calmed me down. "I'm okay." He whispered in my ear.

I could hear my front door open and close, signaling Serena getting home from bartending.

They all know I get nightmares, just not the reason for it.

I haven't been able to talk about Miami, and they understand.

I know they want to help. I'm not trying to shut them out.

It's just they don't understand what it's like to have a gun pointed to their face.

Since Sam and Colby were there with me, it's easier to talk to them about everything that happened.

Once calmed down knowing he was safe, he took me back to my room. We instantly fell back asleep and I never had a nightmare again that night.

When I wake up, I was alone in bed again. I could hear them mumbling a little in the living room.

I got up so I could hear them talking to each other. I stood in the hallway behind the wall so I could hear it.

"I feel like her nightmares are getting worse." I could hear Wesley say. I hear someone sigh, I have no idea who.

"They are. I'm super worried about her." I heard Colby say sincerely. I could tell he meant what he said.

"Do you know what started them?" Serena asked speaking up. Colby was quiet was for a moment.

He knows what they're about and how they're about Miami. Sam, Colby, and I haven't told anyone about it.

Not even our parents. It's not that we don't want to, we're just still recovering from it. Especially me.

"I might have an idea. And if I'm right then it was from something that happened on the trip." I can tell he was thinking about it.

They didn't ask anything about it though, which I'm thankful for. "I'm just worried about her." Wesley spoke.

I know they're worried about me. I have nightmares almost every night. And it's usually about the same thing.

Losing Colby during the Miami events. Colby's the only one that can help me out of it. Once I know he's okay, I start to ease.

I'm attached to Colby after everything that happened. And I know he's attached to me too.