Chapter 3

'What motivates you to draw?'

There she stood, in the middle of the bustling street of Encanto hugging her sketchbook as she looks for a place to draw. She didn't mind the vendors calling out to her as she walked by, as she had her vision zeroed in on the grassy field not too far out from the bustling town.

'Is it the calming view of nature? Or perhaps it's the white-noise that you hear when you enter a busy street?'

She sat on the soft grassy plain, grass kissing her feet as they were finally relieved from all that standing and walking she had done. She watched the blades of grass dance amongst the winds and the two ladybugs buzzing about on the ground, with a butterfly or two fluttering around her.

'The simplicity of life and the mundanity of it all, is that what motivates you?'

She stared at the blank page for a moment, before letting her hand move on its own. She let her mind be free; not even thinking clearly at what- or rather who she's drawing. The sound of the pencil tip as it slides through the paper left a satisfying tingle on her ears, each pencil stroke conveys a meaningful impact on your drawing. She thought to herself, still mindlessly drawing upon the paper.

'Or is it perhaps..'

She abruptly ceased from drawing, as it had only dawned upon her what she had drawn, her heart almost stopped from the shock at what she had done. Tracing her finished art (colored and all) with her fingertips, she can't help but stare at it.

'A certain individual that was intriguing, interesting enough to make you unable to draw anything but them?'

Curly hair, freckled face, yellow poncho, and that... That smile that makes her stomach feel weird and uncomfortable. She might visit Señora Julietta after this, she thinks might have a bad case of a stomachache and that's no bueno if she wants to draw.

"The mountains, the fields, the people around us- everything is the same, I find nothing interesting to draw."

"Is that why you drew me?" Camilo asked, a bit unnerved at the girl who noticed him despite her back turned. I guess that's what makes her intriguing to him, she's so... Different, she's odd, but in the good kind of way. He leaned closer to her to take a better look at her drawing, still, he couldn't help but be enamored at her art. A soft smile reached his freckled face as he stared at the drawing of himself, and wow, he's no artist but he's certain that what he's looking at is some high quality art, that, or he's just being a bit of a narcissist.

"Am I really that interesting to the point that amidst the beautiful scenery that surrounds us, you'd rather draw me instead?"

He's got a point, the scenery is wonderful, the perfect blend of both nature and humanity, the Casita and the town, the simplicity of human life and the miraculous gifts and bountiful blessings given by nature. It would be a beautiful sight to paint and draw, however, despite it's beautiful scenery, She didn't find it interesting enough.