Chapter 7

Camilo came into a sudden epiphany— well, more like he had finally accepted the fact that he had fallen in love

Camilo came into a sudden epiphany— well, more like he had finally accepted the fact that he had fallen in love. Madly in love with his aloof friend.

He sighed dreamily as he held his cheek, the same place that she had placed weeks before— it's imaginary warmth still tingles on his skin. Her eyes shone brighter than any glimmering gem that exists, it was like he found a random gem- not knowing it was one of the most precious jewel in the world. Her voice smooth butter, sweet like honey, intoxicating—

He abruptly sat up from his bed, his hands aggressively rubbed his freckled face as to push such thoughts away. As his hands runs through his curly hair, he tries to quell the erupting volcano that is his feelings. God, he's too whipped.

"Papá, I wanna ask you about som—"

"Is it about that little señorita, from a few weeks ago?"

His eyes widened, face flushed with crimson as his father merely smirked at his son's reaction. It's quite hard to ignore the lovesick gaze Camilo gave to the oblivious girl as he bid her goodbye that day, not to mention the speed he ran just to see her was phenomenal in Felix's opinion.

"It was so obvious, hijo. You are down bad for her, man. Now what do you want to ask your old man, eh?"

"Well it's just, how did you know that— y'know, that Mamá is the one that you'd want to spend the rest of your life with. Why her?"

"Why anyone else if she exists?" Felix replied with no hesitation. His eyes filled with overflowing admiration to Pepa, she was the sun that brightens up his entire day— no, life. They see each other every single day, yet Felix could not help but fall in love with her over and over again. He couldn't believe that so many years had passed as it felt like it was merely yesterday that he and Pepa were married, amidst the hurricane and rain, it was the best day of his life.

Why anyone else if she exists?

Why must he find something else when everything he needs is already right in front of him? Love is such a finicky thing, Camilo concludes, it's unfamiliarity was terrifying yet he couldn't get enough of it. It was euphoric.

This is a bad idea. He thought, his eyes stared at front door of his friend's home. He doesn't have a plan, his legs just simply followed what his heart truly desires deep in inside. Her. It's been weeks since he last saw her, and he felt so deprived of her existence. I guess Camilo Madrigal is an insatiable being, he just couldn't get enough of her.

"Camilo?"

Ah.

He blinked, he didn't even notice the that door had opened. He was standing there for god knows how long that it was kind of concerning for the girl, who was peeking through the curtains every few minutes waiting for Camilo to actually knock on the door, or perhaps he was used to Casita opening the door for them that he's not used to normal doors anymore. Either way, she's going to open the door for him; he looks pathetic just standing there like an abandoned puppy anyways.