29: Do You Want this to be Romantic?

"I told you, I'm fine," Elena said when she sat down on the carpet after taking a shower. I got back with ice cubes from the fridge and a handkerchief. I wrapped one and pressed it lightly on the bridge of her nose. "Aw!" She reacted.

"Ow!" I screeched. She laughs. I slapped her on her forearm. "Stop that! I'm trying to help you."

"Okay, that slap really hurts. I bruise like a peach." She pouted and batted her eyelashes. She's so cute I had to roll my eyes. "Hold still."

"I told you, I'm fine."

"Just let me." She kept her eyes on me. Never breaking contact. It was so hard to focus because I'm trying to lessen her swelling. I wish I could just kiss it and make it all better. "But don't you have to go?" She asks softly. So soft it's as if she was asking that herself. I looked at my watch to see that it was quarter to 6pm. "It's gonna be dark soon. It won't be safe for you to drive me 5 hours back to the city and another when you come back here. Plus, with your nose-"

"So you'll stay with me." She said. I thought about it. I thought really hard. But it's not like I have a choice. Other than waiting for Josh. He hasn't answered my calls or text messages. "Fine." I let out a breath. "I'll stay with you." She gave me a faint smile. Oh, this woman is trouble.

I tip toed to the living room wearing a satin pair of butterfly pajamas. Jesus, I hope Elena doesn't think I'm seducing her. I came here with her son. Of course this is what I'd wear. Now I just admitted I'm seducing her son. Ughh!

Oh God oh God oh God she's starring. Fuck, am I turning red?? "What?" I asked, naturally. She didn't answer. "Look, i-its the only pjs I brought." Still no answer. "WHAT??"

"Your hair is wet." She finally answered. Oh. "Yeah, and?"

"I like it."

I don't know what to say to that so I just opened the cabinet and got a bag of chips and made a beeline to my room. "Okay, good night." Keep walking, don't look back. "Wanna watch a movie?" Elana said. With you? Ha! No. Absolutely, not.

.....................

"I can't believe I'm watching Chuky."

"It's the only movie left in here. Josh and his dad loves watching Horror films together. You'll love it too." She gave me a nudge. "Oh, yeah. I'll definitely love cold blood and murder." I rolled my eyes again. "It's just a doll." She says. "That is sooo romantic." She turned to look at me. "Why? Do you want this to be romantic?" There's just something about those big brown eyes that somehow draws me to her. "BANG!!!" a gunshot flared from the tv that made my heart jump. Elena laughed. I threw a pillow at her.

In the middle of the movie, I looked down to see we're almost out of chips that's been sitting between us. Next to our hands so close together. Just inches away from her skin. I looked up to see her starring back at me. Fuck. I quickly turned to the movie. Oh no the doll's becoming human ooh scary evil stuff. With just my eye, I looked down again. I definitely like holding Elana's hands. She suddenly lifted her pinkie and touch mine. Very subtly. It's almost as if it's unintentional. But when I looked at her, she was smiling softly. And I smiled back.

Like a fucking idiot.