55. The help I needed

<TW: Mentions of Self-Harm and Suicide>

5 months later
July 10th 2021

Matteo was laying down outside looking up at the sky. He was waiting for Steve to come by for his weekly therapy appointment today. He honestly wanted to get in the right head space for a bit, and just tell lies about his mental health since he found therapy stupid now.

As he laid there looking up at the cloudy sky he felt the vibration of the ground. He did a long sigh before he soon turned off his hearing aids and continued to look at the sky. As he knew from the vibrations from the ground he was now looking up at Nat and Steve. He watched as they looked at him and tal to him. He gave them his famous emotionless look before Nat stopped Steve from talking.

Matteo did a little smile before he soon sat up and looked up at them. The 12 year old was soon watching as Nat got to his level and reached out and turned on his hearing aids. Matteo rolled his eyes and turned away from them. "Matteo. It's time to go." Nat stated. "Yeah we have to get a move on kid. You know Ms. Ashley is going to be waiting for you." Steve said. "I dont wanna go.." Matteo mumbled out before he brought his knees to his chest. Nat sighed before she soon sat down next to him "and why don't you wanna go?" Nat asked. Matteo closed his eyes before he put his head in his knees. "Because I'm fine. I don't need therapy. It's stupid." He blurted out.

"Matteo we talked about this.." Nat said as she sighed. "Talked about what? You thinking I killed myself? And how I need to live for Wanda and Vision? No. I don't need this anymore! I'm tired of it all! I'm sick of her talking down to me! I'm sick of her bringing up my past trauma! I HATE IT! IT MAKES ME FEEL LITTLE! I DONT EVEN REMEMBER HOW WANDA SOUNDS LIKE! I GET NIGHTMARES AFTER HER SESSIONS!" Matteo ranted as he looked at Nat and Steve. The boy got up and looked at them with a breaking point of his mental health.

"AFTER EVERY SINGLE SESSION I GET NIGHTMARES ABOUT WANDA! PIETRO! HYDRA! AND THANOS! I WAS FUCKING 10 FOR GOD SAKES! MAYBE THE WORLD DOESNT NEED ME! I HATE IT HERE! NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY TO MAKE YOU ALL HAPPY I CANT SEEM TO MAKE MYSELF HAPPY! IM A MONSTER! I CANT EVEN- EVEN LOOK AT MYSELF IN THE MIRROR AGAIN!" Matteo yelled out as he soon had tears streaming down his face. Nat was quick to pull him in a hug. "Matteo." She was soon cut off by the boy trying to push her off. "S-STOP! LET ME GO! S-STOP!.." Matteo yelled out as he soon started to cry.

Steve walked over and hugged them both. He could feel Matteo try to break free but soon mello out a bit by him not hitting them. Nat had tears in her eyes from the boy, she soon looked down at Matteo who was now crying on her. "Me and Steve care about you so much. You are amazing.. and we love you. You are the best thing that happened to us. The process of therapy helps you overcomes your trauma." Nat stated as she soon started to rub Matteo's back. "Everyone needs therapy.. I go with older adults. After the blip people talk about our past. The only thing we have to do is keep moving forward.. it's a long process.. but it takes time.. you suffered more than any kid should.." Steve said.

Matteo opened his eyes and looked at the blurry view of the compound. "I hate therapy..It makes m-me feel so broken.." Matteo said sadly before he dug his face into Nat. "Bug.." Nat sighed sadly before she soon looked up at Steve who just looked at her with a sad look. "Matteo.. we need to go.. it makes you have the feeling of all the trauma off your shoulders get lifted.. and I can see you still need to go.." Steve said sadly. "I Don't wanna go..please.." Matteo said muffled. "Buggy.. come on. I'll go. I'll be there with you as well. But for now we have to go. Ms. Ashley will be understanding again. You know that. Plus after we can go to the gymnastics studio so you can blow some steam off. How does that sound?" Nat asked as she looked down at the boy.

Matteo looked up at her before he soon laid his head against her. "Okay.." he said sadly before he soon felt Steve and Nat slowly let go of him. "W-wait.." he said softly. The adults looked down at him with a worried look. "Yes?" Steve asked. "What is it bug?" Nat asked. Matteo just stood there for a bit before he looked down at his hands. "Can we go get f-food after?.. just like we used to a-after we got back from Wakanda?.." Matteo asked as he looked at them. Both of them gave him a small nod before Nat held out her hand "yeah. We can do that. Now come on. Let's get going." She said. Matteo gave her a small actual smile before he walked up and grabbed her hand. Right as he grabbed her hand the three of them started to head to Steve's car.