Chapter 38, See You Again

_Author Pov_

'' Then, we'll take the one in middle. ''
The old woman decided. '' She looks very obedient. ''

'' I promised to work hard as I can! '' Tanjiro exclaims. ' KYAAA! Tanjiro-kun as a girl is very cute too! ' You thought with hearts in your eyes.

'' You guys are beyond hopeless! I can barely give you away! '' Tengen scolded the other two.

He looks at your spot and got irked when he realized you're not walking with them anymore.

'' That little idiot! ''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' P-please let go of me....'' The girl begged fearfully as the man who's restraining her paid no mind to her pitiful begging. He licks his lips and was about to kiss her but got thrown to the wall by a powerful force and was immediately knocked out.

'' You okay, cutie? '' You asked the trembling girl who looks at you with thankful eyes. '' Thank you, Thank you.... '' You offered her a kind yet mischievous smile. '' Here. '' You give her a handkerchief which she bashfully accept and wipes her tears.

'' Can you give me your hand? '' The girl held her hand out, confused. She feels a cold sensation and see you putting an ointment on her bruised wrist. The girl stares at you, feeling very thankful.

'' Done! Also here, it's a gift! This ointment contains wisteria so it can protect you from all evil! '' You shoved the container at the girl which she tries to give you back. You just dismissed her. She doesn't understand how wisteria can protect her from evil but accept the container gratefully anyways.

You examine the girl in front of you and she looks around your age. The girl flushes when she sees you looking at her. '' Umm....can I ask for your name? '' She asked.

'' It's L/n Y/n! ''

'' It's a beautiful name... '' She unconsciously muttered out which she got embarrassed. ' How cute. She reminds me of Nee-san trying to talk to Nee-sama. '

'' My name is Aoki Shizuko. I heard there's a festival around here. To pay you back for saving me, can I take you around and pay you a meal? '' The girl asked while avoiding your eyes.

'' Oh? '' You raised an brow at her behavior. ' Am I that imitating? '

'' ...I don't mind if you decline. It's okay to decline... '' The girl mutters out, embarrassed yet the thought of you declining her offer makes her sad.

'' Who said I'll decline? Let's go! Shizuko-chan! '' You exclaim gleefully, excited at the thought of food. You grabbed her hand and dragged the blushing girl to the direction of the market.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweat rolled down on your forehead as you concentrated on your aim. Besides you was Shizuko who was silently cheering you on. You finally throw the arrow but unfortunately the arrow missed making you sulk. You two are currently in Senbonbiki and you have been trying to win the prizes but you won none and Shizuko only won one which she gives it to you.

'' How about we go to the next stall? '' Shizuko attempts to cheer you up. She dragged you to the next stall and it was a fishing stall. Fortunately, you were a master at this. You keep skillfully capturing the fishes as the stall owner freaks out, Shizuko was beside you, cheering you on and congratulating you every time you catches a fish. '' Please stop. '' The owner kneeled and begged which you both sweatdropped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' Mmfs mif Mmflclicious. Mmanks mmfr mmfking me mmf. '' You thank her between eating the dango in your hand. '' No, no. It's okay. I should be the one thanking you. Thank you for saving me. '' You just wave her off, meaning you don't mind saving her.

'' You can ask me anytime if anyone is bothering you. I'll beat them into a pulp for you. '' You exclaim and swings your arm in a punching motion. Shizuko smiled and chuckled at the adorable sight of you.

'' How about I beat you to a pulp first? '' A familiar voice suddenly interrupted you two. You two look at the voice owner and saw a fuming Tengen.

'' Oh! It's you. '' You exclaim and stuffed the dangos in your mouth once more. '' Don't ' Oh! It's you. ' me! Do you know how much trouble you caused me by having to scearch for you? '' You shook your head and continue eating, ignoring the man once more.

' The audacity!! '

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' We got kicked out of the shop because of you. Now, I can't eat dangos anymore. ''

'' And whoose fault is that?! '' You covered your ears as Tengen yelled at you,again. He started to scolds you which you paid no mind at.

'' And Shizuko-chan left because of you. We're having a good time and you ruined it. '' Tengen stopped talking at the mention of Shizuko.  '' Who's that girl? '' He curiously asked with an eyebrow raised.

''  Oh you mean Shizuko-chan? I saved her because she was being harassed by a man. She was treating me for that. '' You explained and took out a dango from a bag which Shizuko bought for you. Tengen hummed in acknowledgement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Among the busy crowd, a girl hugged a handkerchief to her chest, She smiles bashfully when she feels her heart thumping loudly at the thought of you.

'' I wish to see you again. ''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Taisho Secret_

Shizuko adopted the fishes you won at the stall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~