Chapter Six

ALEXANDER
______________

The red liquid trailing down my beta's nose satisfied my Wolf.

As soon as my eyes had landed on the dark-haired man, my fist had latched itself on to his face.

"How could you be so stupid!" I growled.

Dyami's eyes were focused on the ground. "I'm sorry for disobeying you but you need to me explain."

"Let you explain!" I repeated, shouting. "Not only did you both put yourselves at risk of getting hurt but you put the whole pack in danger!"

"It was stupid, I know," Dyami admitted. "But let me speak first."

"You know?" I scoffed. "You left the pack unprotected, disobeyed my words and now you have the audacity to ask me to listen to what you have to say?"

My fist landed on his face, again. The anger radiating throughout my body was making it hard for me to keep calm.

He was my beta, the one person who I should be able to trust my whole pack with.

"Alpha," Adam spoke, his voice hardly stable.

I turned my gaze on him. "Explain."

Adam exchanged glances between my beta and I nervously. He was my best fighter, but he wasn't the best with his words, especially at times like this.

"W-we," Adam stuttered. "We didn't want another pack feud, so when we found out, we just acted without thinking."

"I'll admit, on second thought, it was a careless decision. But just listen," Dyami pleaded.

I ran a hand through my hair out of frustration.

I knew of my beta and third in command as two of the best members of my pack, but right at this moment, I had to fight the urge to rip their heads off at the idiocy they were portraying. No amount of explaining could account for their actions.

"This better be good," I warned the pair.

"Dyami was hurt and I was going to take him to the pack doctor," Adam began explaining. "But then we found out the other Alpha had found his mate and we took that as an opportunity."

I was surprised to hear the news. Considering we hadn't always been enemies, I knew Gabriel's struggle with finding his mate, even when everyone else in his pack had already found theirs. But now he was the enemy and his personal affairs shouldn't have interested my members to the point of them going to his territory. The thought angered me.

"You left your pack for the enemy's Luna?"

"She's a big deal, Xander," Dyami responded, nonchalantly.

My eyes narrowed at him, but before I could speak the younger pup spoke.

"At first we didn't think anything of it. We don't really care about the enemy's personal business," Adam continued, shrugging.

Dyami nodded in agreement. My brows knitted at the pair as I awaited the point to their explanation.

"We were going to try to speak with you again to convince you to let us tag along bu-"

"God dammit, Adam. Get to the point!" I cut him off after I lost my patience.

Dyami grimaced, and Adam glanced at me in shock. "I'm s-sorry, Alpha."

"What he's trying to say is," Dyami cut in, covering for the former. "We weren't interest in their Luna until we found out we could use her to put an end to this without having you go to their territory."