꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎: 𝙳𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚢 𝙸𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚎𝚜 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"YOU BROUGHT BACK JOHN GILBERT?"
Damon questioned Stefan incredulously, "That was your big save-Elena move?"

"I went to go look for Isobel and I got John instead." Stefan responded as if that explained everything.

"So you just brought him back with you?" Skyler questioned confused.

"He said he could help us, and we're desperate." Stefan told her crossing his arms.

"We're not that desperate, Stefan." Damon responded, "The guy tried to barbecue me."

"Damon, Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed." Stefan said, trying to explain his reasoning to his brother, "Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe." Skyler scowled at the mention of Elijah's little deal, crossing her arms.

Stefan's gaze flickered to her as he asked, "I mean do you trust Elijah? I don't trust him. He's an original. He can't be trusted."

"It's not like we can just go up and kill him because apparently, he can't die." Stefan commented seemingly very upset.

Skyler frowned, "I can still try." She grumbled under her breath.

"Still waiting for the part where John Gilbert is the answer." Damon told his brother glaring at him with startlingly blue eyes.

"He knew about the sacrifice. Isobel told him. He said he knew of a way to keep Elena safe." Stefan said.

"So what, you're just gonna trust him?" Skyler questioned incredulously.

"He's not talking. At least not to me anyway. So no, we don't but if there's a chance he knows something that can save her... we have to go for it, Sky." Stefan responded pleading with her now.

He really was desperate.

"Great work, Stefan." Damon told him sarcastically, "Top notch. As if I didn't have enough problems." Damon walked away however before he could leave the room, Stefan stopped him.

"Hey, I'm sorry about Rose." Stefan said.

Skyler furrowed her brows, Rose?

Oh right... she had died while Skyler was off planning Elijah's demise yesterday... right. Touchy subject she presumed.

"Whatever. I knew the woman for 5 minutes." Damon said brushing it off.

"And you cared about her after five minutes though." Stefan pointed out, "I wonder what that means."

Skyler looked between the two, unable to not feel left out. She honestly hadn't paid much attention to Rose after the woman kidnapped her during their first meeting but even from an outside point of view, she could tell Damon did care for her.

"It means I care, Stefan." Skyler arched a brow, "It means I'm changing and evolving into a man capable of greatness."

Skyler hummed in a high-pitched tone, "Let's not go too far now." She joked.