Short-lived happiness- XXXIV

"Ah, i didn't expect you to say yes mi amor," He chuckled, pulling you closer to himself. The two of you lay in the grass, legs tangled with each other. With your head pressed onto Camilo's chest you can hear the comforting beat of his heart.

"What, what? really?"

"Yeah, didn't think too far about it." Again hes kissing at your collar bone, the action making you flush. You turn around to see the smug look on his face. He leans closer to you, pressing his lips onto your nose, voice teasing as he trapped you under his arms. "What?"

"NO!"

"Just like when we first met!" He exclaimed, smiling fondly at the memory. You remember how he had always been so keen to frazzle you, even now he relishes making your face the brightest red.

"Noooooo," You whined, hiding yourself under his rauna. Camilo's chest rumbled as you laughed, hugging you tightly. Eventually you had left from the little spot, nestling above the male. He kissed your forehead, eyes holding a slight sparkle as he stared.

The two of you fell asleep in each others arms that night. You tried your best not to succumb just yet, enjoying the feel of his breaths on your neck, or the unruly mess his hair was in that was pressed against your back. The wind blew across, and yoy nestled closer to his warmth. Camilo's scent engulfed you, and it wasn't any longer that you could resist closing your eyes.

You blink with a frown, noticing that you stood once more in the dream place you had met the boy. He stood to the side, pacing before turning to you.

"Meet me at your house-"

"this is bad news isn't it? Something good just happened, you cant spoil it this fast!"

He pinches the bridge of his nose. You notice that eye bags adorned his face, and his brows were tightly knitted. His arms are crossed and his expression held displeasure.

"So? Its important. Meet me in your house."

"What? no!"

You defiantly look up at the boy.

"Your parents never went home that night."

That sentence made you freeze. what did he mean by that? You nervously figet with your fingers, wishing terribly that Camilo could have been there with you. The boy's scowl deepened. Earlier before he seemed to be around your age, except now with the way he looked and held himself, you seriously didn't consider it anymore.

"You recuperated at Casita for 2 days," He spoke, catching your questioning gaze. "In those two days your house remained empty."

The boy carefully watched your reaction, face falling considerably as you blankly stared. You shook quietly, unable to process his words. He sighs, shoulders sagging as he tiredly stared.

"I'll, I'll, I'll, meet you, meet you there."

And just like that you awoke with a start, shivering in the cold morning breeze. You were soaked with sweat, eyes wide and panicked as you looked around. Camilo snored loudly on your lap, face squished and hair strewn about. you cant escape the small smile that forms. He stirred lightly, transforming into you then back to him before returning to his loud state.

You think to yourself whether to awake him. On one hand you needed Camilo for support, and on the other, you didn't wanna pester him about your problems. But with what you feared you might find, having someone would be the best idea. Shaking the male gently, he groaned, burrowing his face further into your legs.

"Camilo, good, good morning,"

"Its too early mi amor!" He groaned, voice hoarse, wrapping his arms around you and forcing you to lie down next to him. You wiggle against Camilo, who is surprisingly strong. You'd never truly know unless you too were trapped from under him, struggling to move your hands.

"Camilooo-"You squirm around while he squeezes even harder.

"Mhmm stop movin y/n..." His hot breath fanned your neck, your face turning a bright red. The butterflies in your stomach mingled with the anxiety that pooled from the boy's warning. you sighed.

"Camilo, i need to, i had a dream-"

"about the boy?"

"He, I- It was, it was serious-" Once the desperation seeped through your tone he immediately sat up, stretching with a yawn. Camilo smiled, ruffling your hair before offering you a hand up.

"Where to?" Oh god you were gonna cry.

"I, Thank, thank you," The male laughed tiredly, patting your back. You led him out the garden, and he followed quietly, leaning on you every now and then. He joked and flirted the whole way, waving to the early risers he knew by the street.

You noticed how whenever you had aksed for help he didn't need any convincing, and that warmed your heart. Camilo was always so supportive and willing to help- just what did you do to deserve such an amazing person like him?

"Buenos dias Juan!" Camilo placed his hand up to gain the attention of a man who sat near a shop, sipping coffee. He smiled, returning the gesture to the madrigal who motioned to you. "Say hi to my girlfriend!"

At that mention you freeze up, a dark red blush covering your face as you processed what he called you. It didn't feel quite too real to be his girlfriend, despite him asking the very night before it still felt too good to be true. You manage to stutter a good morning to Juan's reply, hiding behind Camilo for the next of the walk.

"Sorry, too soon?" He apologized, pressing a kiss to your forehead. You shake your head.

"its, its okay, im just, just not used to it,"

The male nods in understanding, placing his hand by your back. For another while the walk stretches on, and eventually you reach the house. only then did you realise you haven't yet told him about why you had been so insistent on returning home.

"Dont you, you," There's hesitation in your voice and Camilo stops in his strides. "Dont you, know, know why we're, why we're here?"

"No," He smiled, "But you'll tell me later right? When you're ready?"

Suddenly however the male pauses, a thought looking to hit him. Camilo frowns, now looking apprehensive on letting you go. His demeanor darkened, a protective aura emanating from him.

"You're not going to get hurt are you?"