Thirty six

"Jongseong, I bring you food

"Jongseong, I bring you food. Here, eat some." Heeseung patted his shoulder, scooting the chair close to him.

Silence.

Jay didn't even spare a glance at him, eyes fixed to Haneul who is still not opening her eyes.

How many days already? It's been 3 days, she's still not waking up. His eyes are swollen from crying too much, he didn't speak much, ignoring everyone who came to see Haneul and him. When he arrives at the hospital that day, she's already laying on the hospital bed, unmoved. He feels like the world crash on him, feeling the guilt for leaving her alone in the house.

The doctor said that her heart is still weak, that's why it will take some time for her to wake up. She hits her head hard that day, resulting in a minor concussion.

It's not that bad, but it still leaves a traumatic effect on her memory.

"Jay, please... You didn't eat for almost 3 days. She'll not like it if she sees you like this." Heeseung tries to convince him. He's been with him for the past few days, trying to cheer him up but useless.

He sleeps at the hospital, and go to work just for a while, and immediately goes back to the hospital just because he's worried that Haneul might wake up when he's not there.

"She needs to wake up first, I don't like seeing her not opening her eyes..." he speaks in a wavering voice.

"She will wake up. Eat first."

Jay shakes his head, holding Haneul's hand with the iv tube on the back of her palm. He held her hand gently, squeezing it to let her know that he was there.

"Leave, Heeseung."

Heeseung stays silent, but eventually stands up from his seat to leave the room. He doesn't want to force him, or he'll burst into anger. He understands Jay, they're been friends for so long, it pains him to see his friend this way.

A tear escaped from his eyes, placing the back of her hand on his cheek.

"Haneul... Wake up..."

"I'm tired of crying, love."

No respond.

Just the sound of the heart monitor beeping indicates her heart is still beating.

"Love..."

"4 days left, and you said that we have so many times to spend together... Then why are you wasting your time on the hospital bed? When is our first date together?"

"I know you're strong, so please wake up..."

He closes his eyes, hoping that she'll wake up. But it's useless, she didn't even move a bit. Jay shows a sad smile, reaching her face before slowly caressing her cheeks.