Chapter 10

As they arrived in Liyue Harbor a few hours later, the carriage came to a stop. Ichiro glanced back to Rosalyne who was still asleep.

'I guess she's just that exhausted, huh.' Ichiro thought.

Ichiro climbed out the carriage and approached the coachman. "Klein," He called out.

"Book us two rooms just for one night. I'll be going to a meeting for now." Ichiro said. "Of course, my lord but don't you need me to drive you back?" Klein asked as Ichiro shook his head.

"I'll be fine. Just book two rooms, one with two beds while the other is yours." Ichiro explained as he glanced back at the sleeping woman. "Please take care of her. Place her in my room and stay with her for a while. Just until I come back." Ichiro said as the coachman nodded and headed back to the carriage and drove away.

Ichiro stared at the carriage's retreating figure. He trusted Klein to not do anything to the woman as he had known him ever since Klein was still a child. Klein's family was one of the families who had decided to follow Ichiro to Snezhnaya and joined the Tsaritsa's cause.

Ichiro turned back and looked around at Liyue's beautifully designed streets. Ichiro walked through the streets as he frowned in distaste as he clicked his tongue.

'These people don't even know that a whole nation was just destroyed in a blink of an eye. Granted, they had just built a destructive machinery that could have possibly destroyed the world, but still.' Ichiro thought as pettiness took over him.

"Well, I guess ignorance is bliss." Ruichiro commented.

Ichiro opened the door to a mansion that had belonged to him. As he walked in the living room, as he had expected, Morax was sitting there while sipping on a glass of Osmanthus Wine.

"Ahh, Osmanthus wine tastes the same as I remember," Morax said as he drank, making Ichiro groan, alerting Morax of his arrival.

"Mm, Ichiro, you've arrived. I was quite surprised to receive a letter that demanded my presence." Morax said as Ichiro lazily sat on the couch in front of Morax.

"Yeah, well. I have a proposal for you." Ichiro said as he let out a smirk, making Morax flinch. All the Gods knew just how cunning and persuasive Ichiro was. One moment, you're having a chat with him while the next, you're already signing a contract that greatly favored him.

"What is it?" Morax cautiously asked as Ichiro shrugged his shoulders. He grabbed the wine bottle and poured his own glass. He stared at the wine glass as the liquid swirled before looking back up at Morax with a grin

"Being the oldest of us all, you must have seen a lot of things, haven't you?" Ichiro said. Morax felt uneasy as Ichiro stared him down. He felt as if he was a rat trapped in a corner with no escape and Ichiro was a cat that was circling around him, playing with his prey before viciously killing it.

"Yes." Morax answered as he tried not to get affected by Ichiro. "Hm, has it ever been boring? Seeing the same thing over and over, performing the same daily task every single day, every single year without anything exciting?" Ichiro said as he smirked. He was obviously referring to Morax having to make Mora every single day and having to do the Rite of Descension every single year.

Morax narrowed his eyes at the younger male. "What are you implying?" He asked Ichiro.

"Hm? Oh nothing. I was just stating that you might have grown bored and tired of your old ways. And seeing Liyue as it is today, it seems that they may be able to handle themselves without their Archon, in fact, I believe they might even become greater than you could ever imagine." Ichiro said as he looked at his reflection from the liquid in his glass.

"What do you want?" Morax asked, making Ichiro grin as he stood up and positioned himself closer to Morax by sitting on the armchair of the couch Morax was sitting on.

"Nothing, for now. I've heard from the Tsaritsa that you have refused to cooperate." Ichiro said as Morax's eyes widened in fear. Despite being older than Ichiro, Morax knew that Ichiro had more than enough power to kill him if he tried hard enough since after all, he was favored by Celestia.

All of the Archons knew that Celestia had secretly favoured Ichiro the moment they made him a god and gave him his powers. And the Tsaritsa was his favorite puppet and partner in crime.

During the war, Ichiro had managed to sweet talk his way to Celestia when word got around that Celestia was planning to tie down Ichiro and make him a God and an Archon (Courtesy of chismosang Makoto).

Ichiro sighed as he suddenly got up and headed for the door, leaving Morax confused. Ichiro stopped as he opened the door and looked back at Morax.

"If you ever want to step down from being an Archon, you know how to find me. All we need is your Gnosis, and you'll be set free. Besides, you owe me for Khaenri'ah and Paraiso, don't you think?" Ichiro smirked as he shrugged his shoulders before finally leaving, closing the door behind him.

Morax exhaled as he let go of the breath he didn't know he was holding. He knew that he didn't owe Ichiro for Khaenri'ah and Paraiso because after all, he was only following orders from the beings above. However, he still can't help but feel guilty for it.

Ichiro had the effect of having people know they're being persuaded and letting them think that they have no other choice.

Morax knew that Ichiro had given him a choice but can't help but to think that he would be giving away his Gnosis to Ichiro and the Tsaritsa one way or another. After all, Ichiro never chose to waste his energy and chase after something he knew he couldn't get.

Ichiro arrived later that night to the Wangshu Inn. As he opened the door to his room, he walked in on Rosalyne sitting upright on her bed with Klein sitting on the other bed with a tray of food in hand.

Klein looked back while Rosalyne looked up to see Ichiro. "My lord." Klein greeted as he placed the tray of food on the bed as he stood up and approached Ichiro.

"She refused to eat, my lord. I've been trying for an hour now." Klein whispered as Ichiro glanced at Rosalyne who was looking down at her hands. Ichiro sighed.

"Alright thank you, Klein. You can go rest now." He told him as Klein nodded and left to rest in his own room.

As Rosalyne heard the door shut, she looked up to see Ichiro picking up the tray of food on his bed and sat there with the tray on his lap.

"Why won't you eat?" Ichiro asked softly but Rosalyne only shook her head. Ichiro sighed. "Are you hungry?" Ichiro asked as the woman shook her head again.

"Alright, I'll just set this food here," Ichiro said as he put the tray of food in a nearby table. "And if you ever feel hungry during the night, feel free to eat it. Is that alright with you?" Ichiro asked and Rosalyne nodded making Ichiro sigh in relief.

As Ichiro slid inside his bed and was about to go to sleep he heard Rosalyne speak. "Are you not going to eat?" She asked him as Ichiro moved his head to face her.

"No, I've already had my fill." He told her as she nodded and went to sleep with her back facing him. Truthfully, Ichiro hasn't eaten yet ever since his talk with Morax. Despite his busy day, he still couldn't bring himself to eat as Ichiro felt like he would just vomit out whatever he'll eat, so instead he just chose to stay silent. Besides, Ichiro didn't feel like eating anyway.

~ ~ ~ {¤} ~ ~ ~

A/N: OH MY GOODNESS I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE HOW AMAZING MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WAS!!! LIKE I LOVE IT SO MUCH BUT I ALSO HATE IT WITH A PASSION! I can't wait for you guys to watch it so that you can understand what I mean!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like the story!