Chapter Ten.

I push him away gently and try to regain my senses.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, he takes a step back and smirks.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." I roll my eyes.

"I have no idea what you are on about but I do want to ask you one thing."

"And what is that?"

"If you kept the freaking gun in my closet why the hell didn't you tell me to grab it when I was nearing my death here last night?" I ask him as calmly as I could because right now I want to kill him.

He shrugs innocently. 

"I forgot." With that, he turns and leaves the closet. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.  I can't show him the effect he has on me.

This is just an arranged marriage, with no romance and just nothing. Nothing at all.

That was what he told me.

So why doesn't he just stick to it? I don't want him to stick to it, but he makes me nervous as hell.

I follow him out and see that he's already left the room. Of course, now he's going to have his breakfast and I have to join him.

After having our breakfast, he goes into the study and I call Brooke. I make sure to check that he's still in the study and then I go into the bedroom where I slept last night.

"You won't believe what happened last night." I don't even give her a chance to say hello because I have to tell her everything as soon as possible. I have to get it all out.

"What happened? Did he kiss you at last?" She asks, I roll my eyes.

"In my dreams. No, nothing of that sort happened... actually something did happen." I say, remembering yesterday's events.

"What? What did you guys do? Tell me right now!" She seems so excited, it's like she wants to jump out of the phone.

"I hugged him, and he kind of hugged me back but don't worry he's back at it. He's being all cold again." I hear her groan.

"Why does he have to be like this? I swear I haven't come across a man like him in my life." She says. I sigh. She's right. But I have to put up with it because I... I just want to put up with it.

"I know right. But leave that, let me tell you what the hell happened last night." 

I tell her everything and for the next ten minutes, we share our theories about what might be the reason behind last night's events.

"I don't get why he needs a gun in the first place, He's a businessman and not a mafia or something."I voice my concerns.

"Or maybe he is?" It comes more like a question but I brush it off.

"Come on, Brooke. Have you been watching JK's fanfictions again?" I ask her, knowing fully well she must have.

"Ah, come on. That shit is awesome, literally like a novel or something and you know I like to read." She starts defending herself and I laugh.

"I know, I'm just kidding. But I don't think he's involved in that kind of stuff. I hope not."

"You don't sound so sure." Brooke remarks. 

I chew on my lower lip.

"Come on, I don't know much about him but I'm sure about this, he can't be involved in such stuff." I try to make myself believe in what I'm saying.

I hear Brooke laugh on the other side.

"Chill, I'm just messing with you and Lyn, he's a billionaire and it's common for rich people to own weapons. Don't think too much about it. Anyways, I have to go eat now or I'll die, make sure to tell me when he makes a move on you."