❶❶

"Okay dear, let's start with ongiri, alright?"

You nodded

"Got it, okasan."

Cooking rice, your okasan gave you detailed tips on how to get perfect rice.

After failing like 6 times with just the rice, you successfully made the perfect batch in okasan's eyes.

She praised you for the rice, you finally moved on to the next step.

Putting rice into a bowl, you added seasoning and then splitting them into even portions.

Shaping the rice into triangular shapes, you added dried seaweed and you were finished!

"Good job, dear, let's see how you did. "

She took one of your rice balls into her hand, and bit into it.

You tried to calculate her expression, but you gathered nothing from it.

You had no idea if she hated it or absolutely loved it, until

"It's perfect dear! You're a very quick learner! We'll move onto different types, okay?"

"Yeah! okay, thank you!"

"That's all we're going to do for now, go ahead and try your ongiri yourself."

Nodding, you took one of the seventeen you made, you took a gentle bite of it.

'Wow, I made this? Okasan is a miracle worker. I should share some with Tanjiro's family, I have enough for all of them.'

"Mmmm, Okaasan, I'm going to share some with ny friends."

"Okay dear, be safe, i love you. "

You smiled at her words

"I love you too, Okaasan."

You grabbed a basket and a cloth and put the ongiri in the basket before covering it with the cloth.

You made sure to clean up a bit, since you cooked, and then left the house, walking towards the town.

On your way you started to hum a bit, arriving near the town.

You felt a bit anxious when you noticed a few eyes on you.

A few men and a few ladies.

'aha come and get me ladies'

You calmed down a bit after you realized that if anything happened to you, there would be witnesses.

A woman walked up to you and you stopped in your tracks.

"Uh Hi.. "

"Hi miss, would you like to marry my son?"

"Oh uhm-"

"Hey!" A man walked up to you.

"She's not going to marry your son,.. because she's gonna marry my son."

Then, there was an old lady.

"Shoo, shoo! She's going to marry my grandson!"

'when did i say any of this'

They startes arguing with each other, and you slowly tried to leave the scene.

Then, the girl you met, Emma, arrived with her older brother.

"Hey! Y/n!!"

You turned to look at her, you met eyes with her.

Your eyes held panic, and hers held confusion.

She ran up to you and quietly asked what was happening.

You barely heard her over the arguing adults, but you made out slightly what she said.

"please help! these people are acting weird, they keep asking me to marry their son or grandson!"

"ohoho, dear y/n her is popularr"

"Just help me out of this!"

"Alright, Mikey? Can you pretend to be her boyfriend?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Don't worry, Y/n! Mikey is strong, if anything happened you'd be okay."

You just slowly nodded and went to the side of her brother, Mikey.

He slipped his hand into yours, and you shyly looked at the ground.

'it's just an act, it's just an act-'

All three of you walked away from the group, and they noticed the disappearance of you after a few steps.

"Hey! Miss! Oh, is this your fiance?"

Mikey answered for you, slightly tugging you a bit more into his side.

"Yes, I'm her fiance." He smiled to them.

"Oh! I'm so sorry sir, we had no idea she was already to be married!"

He said something else but you weren't really paying attention, until he started walking, and you started to follow.

After a you three got a bit of distance away, he finally let go of your hand.

"Thank you two! I don't even know what happened. " You bowed towards them.

"Haha, it's okay y/n. I understand, but it's because you're really pretty! I mean even I would propose to you. "

You blushed at this, slowly raising your head you gave another small thank you.

After you said your goodbyes, you finally went back on your original path.

You finally made it to the path to the mountain and you made your way up it.

'its so cold, am i there yet'

You shivered before you made it to Saburo's house, you just gave a glance towards it, before you continued.

After a bit more walking, you finally made it there, with both you and your basket intact.

Immediately, you saw Kie, she was talking to Hanako.

Hanako noticed you, and waved, causing Kie to look up at you.

"Hello, Kamado-San, I made some ongiri and I came to see if you wanted some. "

She stood to her full height, and gave you a smile.

"Yes, Y/n, we'd love some, please come in."

You followed her in, and Hanako ran off to go play again.

Walking into the warm house, she led you into the kitchen, and you set the basket on the table.

"I'll go tell the kids that you brought something."

You nodded at her and waited for a moment.

You turned around once you heard footsteps, and there stood Nezuko.

"Hey Y/n, what did you bring?"

"Ongiri, I made it myself, tell me what you think."

She went to the basket, uncovered it and grabbed one and took a bite.

Her eyes seemingly sparked as she chewed, her eyes darted to you.

"You made this? it's so good! "

"Thank you, I'm making different kinds tomorrow. "

Her eyes widened

"Please bring more! these are amazing. "

"Of course I will! " you laughed out.

"I'll bring you everything I make, Okay Nezuko?"

"Mhm!" she hummed before taking another bite into the snack she had in her hands.

You really were glad that you knew she enjoyed your cooking

☁︎
1001 words