♡ ELEVEN ♡

song: love you for a long time - maggie rogers

R Y L E E

I groan in boredom from where I'm sitting on the couch and look over to Niall who is laying on the other side of the sectional. I stand up and trudge over to him.

I crawl on top of him and lay down directly on him. His arm wrap around me and he kisses the side of my head.

"Hey, baby." He says as he watches golf and I groan into his neck. "What's wrong?" He asks with a chuckle.

"I'm so bored." I muffle and his hand slips under the shirt I'm wearing to rub my back.

"I'm sorry, is there something you want to do?" He asks genuinely and I shrug.

"I don't even know anymore." He says somberly and I let out a heavy sigh.

"Is everything okay? You've seemed a little blue today?" He asks me and I hear the TV pause then him kisses the side of my head again.

"I'm just so sick of being stuck inside and with limited personal contact with people. I haven't hugged my best friend in like four months and I just feel like crying because I also haven't seen my mum in six months. I just wish all of this was over so I could see them again." I say thickly into his neck and he nudges for me to pick my head up so I do.

"I know this is hard." He says as he cups my cheek in his hand and rubs his thumb along my cheek as my eyes glaze over. "But all we can do is try to make the most of it. I know I'm not as great as your mum or Megan but I'm always here when you need a hug or someone to comfort you." I smile at him with watery eyes and place my hand over his on my cheek.

"I'm here for you too." I say and turn my head to kiss the palm of his hand. He smiles at me pokes my nose with his thumb.

"Thanks, baby." He says as I lean into his palm.

"You seem to be taking all of this easier than I am." I tell him and he shrugs.

"I'm more used to being away from the people I love than you are because of touring when I was younger and stuff. It is a little tougher than that though because at least then I was super busy and it kept my mind off of missing people." He says and I push my hand through the front of his hair.

"Well whenever you're missing them just talk to me and I'll do something stupid to distract you and make you laugh." I tell him and he smiles at me.

"Of course." He agrees and I scoot up a little to connect our lips in a quick kiss. He kisses me many more times quickly and it makes me laugh.

A minute ago I wanted to cry and now I'm laughing, if that doesn't put in perspective how happy he makes me I don't know else will.

"Here what if to make you feel better we do something that you would do growing up that reminds you of your mum?" He offer and I just smile at him. "What?"

"I love you." I say simply and he sputters out a laugh as he turns his head to the side. His cheeks turn a light shade of pink and I bite down on my bottom lip to contain my smile. "How come you get so flustered every time I say it?"

"Say what? I don't know what you're talking about." He denies and I smile at him mischievously.

"That I love you." I say again and he tries to fight it but his lips start twitching into a smile and his cheeks tint again. He claps his hands over his face and groans. I peel his hands off of his face and start sprinkling kisses around his face.  "I love you, I love you, I love you..." I say over and over between kisses.

"Okay, okay. That's enough." He chuckles and I press one last exaggerated kiss to his lips. "I love you too."

"And since you love me you should let me do your makeup." I say and his eyebrows furrow.

"What?" He asks and I pout out my bottom lip.

"Please? My mum always let me do her makeup growing up then she'd do mine." I say and he sighs.

"...fine." He says and I clap my hands together in excitement as I sit back on his lap. "But only because I love you."

"Good enough for me!" I say as I get off the couch then run into the bathroom where my large makeup bag is under the sink. I grab it then run back out into the living room with a smile.

He sighs and sits up so that he's propped up against the back of the couch. I hop onto his lap and he shakes his head with a smile as I straddle him.

I open up my makeup bag and put some primer on my fingers then start rubbing it into his skin. His hands land on my hips and dip under his shirt km wearing to rub my skin.

All I really wear around the flat lately is his shirts and underwear. That used to be something I was super self conscious of but I've just gotten really comfortable with him. I guess I was just always worried that guys would judge my body or me if I did that, but Niall didn't even point it out which was kind of a relief.

I've never felt this comfortable with a guy in a romantic relationship before.

"Can you stop staring at me like that?" I ask him with a smile as I try to put eyeliner on him. He's been staring at me with a smile on his lips the whole time I was doing his base makeup and eyeshadow.

"Where else am I supposed to look?" He asks me and I chuckle lightly.

"It's not the fact that you're looking at me, it's how you're looking at me." I say and he smooths his hands over my sides.

"And how am I looking at you?" He asks and I shrug as my cheeks tint a light shade of pink.

"Like you love me." I say softly as move to his other eyelid.

"Well I hate to break it to you, but I do love you so I don't know how to not look at you like that." He says and I roll my lips into a line to try and hide my smile. "Why are you getting all shy about it now. You were showering me in kisses and telling me you loved me ten minutes ago."

"It's different." I say and he rolls his eyes which makes me stop.

"How is it different?" He asks and I shrug.

"It just is." I say and he leans forward which makes me pull my hand back from his face. He starts playfully kissing my neck and biting down occasionally which makes me laugh.

"I love you. I love you. I love you." He repeats as he kisses me just like I did to him earlier.

"Okay, okay." I laugh and push back on his shoulders. He sits back against the couch and smiles brightly at me.  "I love you too." I say back in a shy tone and he pokes my nose with his finger. "Now let me finish your makeup."

"You better make me look like a princess." He jokes and I chuckle.

"You already are my Irish princess, baby."