sixteen

Inez
-

The flight took off a few hours ago, about five more until we make a stop.

My feet have gone numb, barely any feeling. I want it to end already.

Longest flights I've been on are about four hours so this is not new for me.

I looked out the small oval window, only seeing the dark skies and grey clouds. Rolling the window shades back down, I stretched my arms in the air, putting them back down recalling there's other people in the airplane.

I chose to wear a dark brown hoodie and sweatpants the same color, the first thing I saw in my closet this morning.

The flight attendant rolls in the cart using the handle, pushing it towards the seats where a small family was seated.

He hands them two boxes of juice, moving further to the seats in front of them.

I really want mango juice.

He gets to our seat and I ask him for mango juice. Holding his hand out, I stretch my arm further over Ronan and take the two boxes filled with apple juice from him.

"Does he need anything?" The flight attendant whispers, signaling to the blue eyed man beside me who was fast asleep with a fleece blanket wrapped around himself. A book sitting on his lap.

He's been asleep ever since the plane took off, wonder when he's going to wake up.

"No, it's fine thank you." I whispered back to the flight attendant, he nods moving further to the seats in front of us.

I set down the box beside me in the plastic cup holder, glaring over at the book on his lap.

What does he even read?

I bring my hand over to his lap, quickly grabbing the book and noticing all the colored tabs sticking out.

He annotates.

His handwriting is so pretty.

I look through more, noticing all the small clear sticky notes in between the paragraphs.

After reading his annotations a bit, I set the book down on his lap once again.

I pick up the juice box, ripping the straw off the box and sticking it through the aluminum foil.

I take a sip of the juice, picking up my phone and entering my passcode. I feel someone's breath fan over my neck.

"Mango juice?" The harsh voice beside me spoke, as I turned my head and looked over at him his face was extremely close to mine.

I gulp, clearing my throat. "Oh, hey." Is all I say, I sound so awkward and nervous.

Why the fuck do I sound like that.

Ew.

"Didn't get me any?" He puts his hood down, revealing his messy dark brown curls.

I shake my head, furrowing my brows. "No, you get some yourself." I replied in a sarcastic tone.

He glances over to the intact juice box to my right.

I pick up the other juice box, throwing it to him. He catches it with his left hand, his snake ring on his ring finger and the more simple ones on his other fingers.

His other hand however has none, you could only see his hand tattoos. I notice the small one of the spider by his thumb.

"Where did you get most of your tattoos?" I brought up.