seventeen

Inez

I constantly try to move around, but something heavy around my body didn't allow me to.

Is my bed this uncomfortable?

I forcefully pinch my eyes open and move my right arm away from the hard pillow it was wrapped around.

I stare at my hand, noticing the small marks that were transferred onto my palm being pressed on the bed all night.

I slept pretty well, better than I have in a long time actually, but I couldn't tell what was so rock hard.

Looking by me, I notice Ronan's face extremely close to mine, I scan his pretty features, my eyes landing on his lashes.

I realize that the hard pillow was his chest, and this was definitely not my bed. His large arm still draped around my waist and his hand full of silver rings resting on my stomach, my head was resting on his bare inked chest, his pearl necklace still on his neck, and my other arm still around him. We were practically cuddling.

My mouth runs dry and I fight the urge to play with his hair.

Why do I like this?

I let out a heavy sigh, moving slightly and attempting to get up.

My attempt fails and instead his grip on my torso tightens, his face turning closer to me while doing so.

One of his dark brown waves fall in front of his face and I bring my hand near his temple, moving the unruly hair away from his face.

I fight my smile at the sight of how he appears while he's asleep, completely different from his personality.

The corners of my lips turn up for a slight second and I put an end to it quickly.

I need to stop.

I'm watching him sleep this is definitely not normal.

I play with the silver snake ring on his index finger, tracing my finger over the small intricate details of the ring.

It's a nice ring.

I awkwardly move away from him and his grip around my torso loosens until his hand wasn't making contact with my waist anymore.

I almost miss his touch, getting up, slowly making my way to the bathroom and slamming the door closed.

I move the bangs away from my face, shoving them behind my ears.

Reaching for the hair tie beside the sink, i put my hair up into a somewhat put together low bun and begin to brush my teeth.

My eyes meet the black and white clock, trying to figure out the time since it was a Roman numeral clock, which I struggled to understand.

Apparently it's 1:12 pm, afternoon. It makes sense because we arrived slept late.

The whole time I spent brushing my teeth, and doing my skincare. I only had thoughts about this morning, they wouldn't leave my head.

I couldn't comprehend if I was scared or angry, or happy. I think I'm just scared of change, or unsure of my feelings towards him.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I spot that Ronan's now awake, he's wearing a shirt now. Preferably one of the black ones he owns.

I make my way to the curtains by the balcony, pushing them aside so more sunlight appeared to be lighting the room, I watch as his thumb hovers over his phone's screen as his eyes meet mine, a glass of water in his other hand as he sipped it, not breaking eye contact.