Hands over my head

John b was the closest to me so I alerted him first.

"Hey-hey, john b look." I reached my hand out to the side waving it around until it caught his attention and he joined me looking out the window.

"Guys. Guys! Somebody's here." The rest of the group walked over and joined me and john b looking out the window.

I mumbled under my breath- " those look like the men who shot at us yesterday." I turned to look at the group but instead I'm met with a set of ocean blue eyes staring down at me. He looked scared. Like he was freaking out on the inside, but not wanting to show it on the outside.

"Guys, guys, is that them?" Kie asked looking over at where John b, JJ, and I were standing.

JJ stayed looking out the window in disbelief. "No."

"Is that them?" Kie asked again her voice shakier than before.

JJ turned and started walking around the office. Rambling about telling john b something, but was cut off by being pushed up against the wall.

"JJ! Hey, look at me." John b brought his finger up pointing in JJ's face. "Where's the gun?"

"Gun? I, uh, I can't-"

"Now you dont have the gun the one time we need the gun?" Kie asked now starting to cry.

"It was in my backpack, and then i-" he started thinking where he had left the gun.

"On the porch." John b finished for him.

"No, JJ wait-" i tried to stop him but JJ had already left the office to get his backpack.

JJ was almost on the porch when we heard a voice yell out. "John Routledge!"

JJ quickly mad his way back to the office and closed the door behind him leaning on it and looking at the rest of us.

"They're on the front porch, guys."

we could hear the men walking around and knocking things over and making a mess looking for a compass.

I think the one John b has.

"Where you at, boy?"

I was in the corner with my ear up against the door. I was trying to hear what was going on.

"Guys, window. Window."

JJ and Pope ran over to the other window that was in the room and started pulling it up trying to get it open. John b stayed back next to me and was now pushing back against the door keeping it shut.

"What's happening?"

i looked over to see the two boys struggling to get the window open.

"It's painted shut, okay?!" JJ whisper yelled at Kie obviously stressed out by the situation. I dont blame him, I'm just pushing al my weight against a door and even I'm stressing out.

I could still hear the men destroying things behind the door. My breathing started getting heavier and breaths were getting stuck in my throat. John b noticed and reached for both my hands and brought them above my head.

"Keep your hands up here. It'll help your breathing." I nodded my head. I kept them there and took deep breaths.

Kie was searching the room for something to help open the window. She found a pencil.

"Okay, guys. Guys. Here, i got it."

Author Note:

Ok so i had all day to write this chapter but when do i decide to start writing it? 10:00 p.m 😍
But its okay cause this chapter only took me an hour to write... that's why its so short
Ive also been sick for the past week and for two weeks before that i had writers block.
That and because I'm to lazy to actually take the time of day to sit down rewatch an episode of Outer Banks and then write a whole chapter about it. We gotta love procrastinators 😩, but imma gonna start posting what time i post the chapters at cause i only write good chapters at like 3 a.m which sucks cause i still have school.

XoXo,
Lani❤️

Posted at: 11:03 p.m