Chapter 14

She Knows 

She Knows 

   IT'S BEEN 20 MINUTES AND she has still yet to enter my office, and I hated waiting. Patience has never been one of my strengths.  

   I checked my watch for the 200th time, I opened the door to the office and spotted one of the maids wiping down a painting on the wall. 

   "Signora Magie, hai visto sno- Fear in giro?" I spoke in Italian to Magie one of the daughters of one of the older maids who had offered for work at the mansion. (Have you seen Fear around?)  

   "Sì, l'ho fatto signore! È uscita di casa circa... 10 minuti fa?" She replied looking at the watch on her wrist. (Yes, I did Sir! She exited the house about...10 minutes ago?)

   "Grazie, Magie" I strode down the hall to Declan's room, not even bothering to knock as I knew he'd just be on one of his 5 computers. 

   "Who do you need me to track down now?" He didn't look up from the screen still clicking his fingers on the keyboard. 

   "Fear, track her car" He focused on something on the computer before looking at it in disbelief. 

   "It's down" That only meant one thing, Declan had the trackers programmed to deactivate when they enter Russian territory. It was always a double-ended knife because we wouldn't be able to track the car but neither could the Russians. But there was only one question to be asked. 

   Why was she in Russian territory?      

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

   It had been 6 hours since and the house was in complete chaos, I had my men running around trying to find leads or some type of explanation for this. I didn't want to jump to conclusions but it stayed in the back of my mind. 

   My mother was standing in front of my desk looking down at a bunch of folders with a lit cigarette smoking from her lips. 

   "I know the bitch, she wouldn't do something like this. But she is acting out of the normal..." She blew out the smoke from her lips and looked at me. My face remained tolerant and still at her serious interrogation.  

   Declan burst through the door with a beeping computer in his hand, he came up wiping my desk clean of all the papers on it slamming the computer on my desk. 

   "I CRACKED THE MOTHERFUCKING CODE!" My mother and I looked at him as if he were insane before we both looked at the screen. 

   "Isn't that the girl who you said was dead?" My mother said, Declan clicked a button where we watched the picture turn into a picture of...Fear. They looked identical and it was undeniable, the only difference was the hair length and color. 

   "Declan...what are you saying?" I looked at him with an intense stare. 

   "I thought that this would explain it- They're the same person! It makes sense, I literally couldn't find anything on your precious Fear except for the date when she was taken and was sold...and with a bit of firewall hacking who she was sold to"

   Declan pressed a few more buttons before an entire file with a few words pulled up, "Sold to Leona De Romero and registered on the same day that Ellowyn was taken" 

   He smiled widely until the folder shut down and a video came upon the laptop, "Declan-" 

   "What the fuck?!" We all looked at the laptop in shock, a masked figure was circling a figure hanging from a bar on the ceiling. It was Fear. 

   I stood up and looked closer at the computer, she was all bloody and stained with it. 

   "Tell me...Ellowyn" The masked figure spoke in a dark voice "How does it feel to hold all the power in the French empire?" 

   He took a bat from nowhere and delivered a blow to her stomach she gave out a loud groan and spit blood at the figure who just wiped it off as if it weren't the first time.  

   "Fuck you," She said with white hair on her forehead stuck with sweat "I don't know what you're talking about"          

   I could just tell that she was lying by the way her nose scrunched up and fingers tapped against her palm that was stuck in shackles. 

   "Do you think she willing went into Russian territory?" Alex appeared out of nowhere as I zoned out looking at her. I would rain hell upon anyone who played part in hurting her. 

   "SIR!" A loud crash came from the video "Navira has been-" 

   The video cut off leaving us in silence, I instantly took it and threw the laptop against the wall sending it into tiny pieces. 

   "Get out! Now!" I yelled and they all scattered away. My mother was a bit hesitant but Alex pulled her away, he knew how I could get when my patience was tested and I was left with everything but valuable answers.  

    What was she trying to do? And what the hell happened to Navira? 

   Navira. She was the one behind all of this, she had sent the hitman after Ell- Fear? No. Snowflake. 

   Now she is the one who has her. Snowflake did this on purpose, she knew what power she held. She knew who was after it and she went after Navira herself. 

   How stupid could she be?

   She willingly put herself into a position she knew would get her hurt, But I was nowhere near angry at her but at the people who dared to put their hand on her and better yet hurt her. 

   They'd regret the day they were even born the moment my hands reach them. 

I'm so sorry if you find this book fasted paced but I'm not finding myself not at the correct timeline as I planned for the 14th chapter so I needed a filler chapter

I'm so sorry if you find this book fasted paced but I'm not finding myself not at the correct timeline as I planned for the 14th chapter so I needed a filler chapter. Trust me when I say there will be a bigger explanation next chapter!

Feedback? Questions? 

Con Amor(With Love), M.