Faith and Trust

One stood at a large computer screen, perusing the information that was being displayed. A series of graphs, equations and data sources swooshed and blipped across the screen, One didn't understand much of it, he was not a man of science. A young woman sat to his left and a middle aged man to his right. He looked down to the woman and placed his hand on her shoulder, she flinched ever so slightly.

'My dear, how is it coming along?' One asked calmly

'Uhm, everything is within parameters Sir, we still need the...' She replied, being interrupted.

'Fear not, we have everything we need now.' One said, turning to the man 'Dr. Patel, please unlock the door to the chamber' Ordered One.

'Yes, Sir. Samantha, please provide power to the Dome' Dr. Patel asked the young woman who nodded.

One turned around and slowly walked down the 3 metal steps on to the level in which Hannah was sat, bound to a chair. He strode to within 2 paces of her before stopping and placing his index finger under her chin to bring her gaze up to meet his.

'Now, Ms. Craft. You will accompany me into the chamber, but be warned that should you attempt to thwart, destroy or in anyway damage what you are about to see, I will have your friends skinned alive in front of you. Have I made myself crystal clear?' One said without a glimmer of emotion.

Hannah nodded and One smiled. He placed his right hand under her armpit and pulled her to her feet after untying the binds that kept her in place.

'I'm not going to have you guarded or escorted, I trust that you will behave?' One asked

'Yes' Hannah replied

'Grand, follow me'

They walked to the far-right side of the room. To Hannah's trained eye, the premises was clearly a testing facility which was most likely deep underground. As they came in, she saw warning signs for explosives and nuclear radiation. They approached a large metal door with a small hand scanner to its left. One placed his retched hand upon it and the door opened. As they walked in, the room began to illuminate, first the floor, second the walls and then finally a large matt black dome in the very centre of the room.

'You reverse engineered our pod?' Hannah asked

'Well done, indeed. The camouflage technology will come in handy I'm sure, however that was just a bonus from what we needed.' One replied 'You see Hannah, this facility, the Organization believe I conduct experiments to further enhance our grasp upon the world and its leaders.'

'You don't?'

'Oh, of course we do, but that is not its most imperative purpose. Ever since I got to this barbaric time I have been trying and so far, failing to return to my own timeline' One continued 'However, with the advent of not only you and your team arriving here from the future, but the knowledge now that we are trying to contend with theoretically endless timelines, my plans have now changed'

'Get to the point, monster' Hannah retorted, scowling at One

'Very well, do you know who the Sons of Adam are? Did Clock mention them at any point?'

'Yes, a group of violent ecoterrorists hell bent on returning to the stone age of technology'

One chuckled loudly, he found that very amusing

'You have been blinded by your reliance on technology just like the rest of humanity, using technology to help them do simple tasks when the cost was only the very life of our planet, and you call me a monster? The Sons tried peaceful protests at first before being forced to take the more direct approach.'