Chapter 8

"Thank you very much, Mr Makari. We hope we didn't cause you any trouble." My dad said and extended his hand for a handshake.

"Oh no! Don't worry about that mate,  it's been taken care of. You have nothing to worry about." He responded cheerfully.

My mum snorted from where she stood but they didn't hear it. The doctors looked at us one more time before they gave us privacy.

"Dad please." I begged him. My dad looked at me with sadness in his eyes, then nodded his head in the negative. I went down on my knees to beg him.
"Dad please, don't do this. I promise I won't do this anymore. Dad please, one more chance."

My dad joined me on the ground and took my face in his hands. He was already crying. "Sweetheart, you need to go there. You know your mum and I can't help you here. Your abilities is so much more than what we can handle. You know I love you so much right?"

I nodded my head while crying.

"And I love you too, so much. But you need the best help you can get. If I and your mum can offer anything, It'll be best to take you to where help is. I've been assured by this gentleman here that they'll give you the best help you can get. And when you're ok, I'll come back for you. Ok?"

"Yes dad" I said while crying.
My mum joined us on the ground and we just stayed there, crying our eyes out.

It must have been really weird for Mr Makari because he coughed loudly to get our attention.
"Uhmm, sorry about that but we need your signature and we need to get going immediately.."

"Immediately!! Why?" My mama asked.

"You see, Mrs Micheals, our search radar has found all the people affected by the blast, and my teammates have gone out to retrieve them. Everyone, as we speak, is in Oasis and we cannot continue the process of treatment without the victims being complete and in order."

"Ok, then get the rest of the people." My mum responded.

"We only need one more person, Mrs Michaels. And it's Rose. She's the remaining person." He explained.

"Do we have to go now, I mean she's going to be away from us for a while. She'll need her clothes, she hasn't said her goodbyes to her siblings and her friends, she'll need a new hairdo, she'll need to go to church so the members will pray for her, she'll..." My mum was quickly interrupted by my dad.

"Mr Makari, would it be ok if she just said goodbye to her siblings and then get her things? We won't waste too much time." My dad concluded.

"That'll be alright by me." He responded and then left, saying he'll meet us at our house.

"My baby needs a new hairdo." My mum said to my dad, warming up for an argument.

"No she does not." My dad said and tapped my hair. "Her hair is perfect."

"You say that because you don't have African hair. It needs styling." I held a fistful of my hair and looked at it. It looked like a wild cats fought on my hair. I inherited my mum's African hair while the rest of my siblings had curly hair which they got from both my dad and my mum. The only thing I got from my dad was his green eyes. My siblings all had brown eyes.

"She can just comb it, tie it up and leave. It's fine." My dad responded.

While they were arguing, I couldn't help but feel numb. My fast rising anxiety made me feel like there was more to it than they seemed to tell me. But there would be others in OASIS. I need help so I won't have such an attack and injure any of my family. I also had to think of the many lawsuits that would be piling up against my parents because of me and the amount they'll spend to take of the damages caused by me. I really hope they find a way out of this.