𝗖𝗵. 𝟭𝟴

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘉𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘓𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘵𝘴

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘉𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘓𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘵𝘴

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

THE SUNLIGHT HAD BEGUN to fade beyond the horizon by the time that Katara had been placed aboard a boat that now sailed towards the prison hold in the middle of the ocean while Elua, Sokka, and Aang all flew overhead with Appa as he used the clouds for cover from the Fire Nation Navy below. It was rather important for them to follow her in order to find out just where the prison actually was. The obvious notion was that it sat stationary within the middle of the water, but as for exactly where that might be, no one seemed to have known back in the village.

It wasn't the villagers' fault for not knowing, of course, it was nearly impossible to tell that there was even anything out this far out from the shoreline behind them. One or two Fire Nation Navy vessels may have been near the port but it was apparent that they had no wish for their earthbending captives to have any access to an element that could give them the power to overturn their position of authority. If earthbenders were entirely surrounded by water then they would have nothing to bend... and that was what made Elua nervous when it came to Katara being there.

"I still don't think this was a good idea," Elua couldn't help but voice her concern as she stared down at the boat that her friend was currently entrapped on, "What if she gets into trouble? ...or causes some trouble?" she asked nervously with a mind swirling with any and all of the things that could possibly go wrong during this whole thing—and that happened to include untimely deaths.

"She'll be fine, Elua," Sokka told the young woman that sat in front of him with a look of pure dread on her face, "Katara knows what she's doing," he spoke confidently.

Elua glanced over at him in confusion, "How? I don't mean any offense, but up until a few weeks ago, you both had never even left the South Pole..." she trailed off, giving him a small look of sympathy while she spoke, but also still trying to make the point that Katara didn't have much skill when it came to bending combat or battle.

"I don't know, Elua," Aang said as he looked back at his sister from where he sat atop Appa's furry head with the reins in his hands, "Katara has already proven that she will be a great waterbender."

"I have no doubt that Katara will be a great master someday," Elua told him with an emphasis on the future, "-but for right now... she hasn't had any training," she said.

There had indeed been a part of her that felt unfair for saying that, but she knew it was the truth, and she only ever had the best intentions at heart for the young bender that she was more than proud to call her friend. This wide sense of concern on her part had nothing to do with whether or not Elua trusted Katara, either; which, for the record, she did—with her life. It was more about how Elua had no concept of what Fire Nation soldiers were like anymore... but maybe she just wasn't completely aware of Katara's true skill... not yet, anyway.