One Shot: A Day in Their Married Life

Introduction:
This is a one shot about Severus and Y/N's daily, married life.

This is a request from MissDagger on AO3. Thank you for your request!

Y/F/N means your father's name while Y/O/N means your owl's name.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 2/20/2022
———————————————

Word count: 1.3k

It's been a few months since Severus Snape and Y/N Y/L/N married. They decided to live together in Spinner's End, much to her father's dismay - the man kept trying to convince them to stay at Y/L/N Manor.

Alas, they never gave in as they wanted peace and quiet.

Severus still has a feeling that if they had accepted his offer, then the man would constantly check on them - more than he already does.

Y/F/N Y/L/N may have warmed up to the idea that his daughter is now married, but that isn't stopping him from making sure that his precious daughter is okay. He either constantly sends letters or comes on unexpected visits.

During her school years, he seemed to care more about his work - and now he won't let go of his daughter. How time has changed, huh?

Severus has a feeling that her father doesn't entirely trust him - even though Y/N has assured him so many times that everything is fine. Will he ever give them a break?

Severus sighs while sitting on a green armchair, a book in his hand. Well, not just any book - the book that Y/N gave him for his birthday in her fourth year.

He loves his retired, married life. He just wishes that Y/N's father would stop bothering them. Perhaps they could go on a honeymoon...

He's so deep in thought that he doesn't hear the sound of the front door opening. The person slowly walks towards him, shyly kissing his forehead.

"Hi, Severus. I'm home" Y/N announces as she smiles, having returned from her internship at St. Mungo's Hospital.

Severus sighs in relief. He does enjoy alone time, but alone time with his wife is much better.

He removes the book before guiding her to sit on his lap. Once she does so, he wraps his arms around her, kissing her forehead.

They may have been married for a few months, but his affection always manages to make her blush. That amuses Severus.

"How was your day?" he asks, nuzzling her nose with his.

She smiles at him. "It was good but also a bit tiring. We have been rather busy lately. By the way, do you remember Lockhart, the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher in my second year?" she questions.

Severus huffs. Of course he remembers that obnoxious, self-satisfied man.

"I do. What about him?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, he's still at St. Mungo's Hospital after all these years. He doesn't seem to make much progress with his recovery of his memories. He does seem to remember a few things - how he was once popular. I saw him today. He kept asking if the healers wanted his autograph" she states as she giggles.

Severus rolls his eyes - of course Lockhart remembers that detail.

"How about you? How was your day? Hopefully quiet and peaceful" Y/N says as she caresses his cheek. He leans into her touch as he hums.

"Indeed it was. However, I have been thinking... Why don't we go on a honeymoon? We can go wherever you wish - as long as the location is unknown to your father" he mutters.