Chapter 71: Invitation

"Are you sure you want to get the U.A. kids involved, chief?" An officer asked the police chief who was sitting at a long table while drinking a cup of coffee. After taking a sip, he replied, "Yes, absolutely." The sergeant began to protest with, "But-" "No buts. These kids are not to be underestimated. They're quite possibly our only hope. Almost none of the former Pro Heroes have responded to the call. Keep asking as many heroes as you can, hopefully more will accept the call. Dismissed." He said, while looking at a piece of scrap paper that was wrinkled up.

"Right away Mr Tamakawa." The policeman said, leaving the ginger tabby chief to himself. Sighing, he looked at a picture of himself with Tsukauchi and said to the picture, "We're going to avenge you. I promise. We've got the best of the best on our side, the Underdogs aren't going to know what hit them." It was all going to be kicking off soon. The small remnant of the police force were gathering up whatever heroes they could in order to launch a full on attack against the ruthless Kaiyo and her band of Underdogs.

Over at the mansion, Mineta was hanging upside down, as usual at this point, and Bakugou was trying to pick a fight with Kaminari, as truculent as ever. He was desperate, since he usually wouldn't pick fights with Kaminari, but he didn't have anyone else to shout at that would take it lately. He'd been cautious around me since I gave him an earful the last time he tried to pull that crap, and in general he had been a little calmer as he fully recovered from his injuries. But that didn't stop the occasional outburst from him.

It had been six weeks since the fight against Gigantomachia, and it had just turned over into January, a new year. Still freezing cold, Tsu was a little slower than usual which was interesting as I had never seen how she reacts to the cold. I always hated the cold myself, but she was next level! Quite literally borderline hibernating if the front door was left open a few seconds too long. I had been doing a lot of training too, and although I still didn't quite have the confidence to transform one hundred percent, I was able to transform to my normal amount effortlessly and instantaneously.

I decided to take a short break to go get myself a cup of hot chocolate, or hot cocoa as many would call it, but where I come from it's a hot chocolate. "Hey Tsu, do you want a hot chocolate?" I asked her, to which she looked at me quizzically and answered my question with a question of her own. "Hot chocolate? This isn't one of those trick questions that leads into a perverted punchline is it?"

"No, what are you- Never mind, I mean hot cocoa, we call it hot chocolate where I come from since, y'know, it's a chocolate drink and it's hot." I guess I didn't need to explain myself in that last paragraph huh? Tsu smiled in response and nodded, "Oh, yes please then, kero. Marshmallows too!" I then scoffed in response and said, "What kind of monster has hot cocoa without marshmallows?"

"I bet Bakugou doesn't like marshmallows in his hot cocoa." Tsu said almost furtively, seeming embarrassed at her sense of humour involving poking fun at another student. Though that meant it was clearly a joke, as she never had any guilt pointing out things as a matter of fact, outright saying no one would like him because of his attitude when we first met. "Sweetie, Bakugou doesn't like anything." I said jokingly in return.

Did I really just call her sweetie? Even as a joke it still felt sickeningly sweet, sweeter than all those marshmallows I was putting into my cup. I was obviously lost in a train of thought, as I put way too many into the drink. Was there even such a thing as too many marshmallows though? I snapped back to reality and got Tsu's drink prepared also. Upon completion, I brought the drinks back upstairs into our room and handed Tsu her one, setting mine aside on the bedside table.

Putting my finger up to signal to wait a moment as Tsu sat there on the bed, I went over to the wardrobe to get out a big blanket. "Perfect." I said to myself, bringing it over and clambering onto the bed beside Tsu and spreading the blanket over both of us. This was... More or less exactly had happened during our first date way back when. Back when I lived at home... With my dad...