Chapter 41

Irene tried her best to wait for Mal's arrival, but she realized it was a bit too late at night. Irene decided to go to bed and talk to her tomorrow morning.

What she didn't know was that Mal is eager to deliver the news once she arrived at the residence.

As Irene took her peaceful sleep, Mal slipped through the unlocked balcony and entered Irene's room, Mal then started to tap Irene's shoulder.

Irene is a light sleeper, she is very alert due to living in this fantasy world, she was already awake from the sound of Mal entering the room. The elementals also told her to be aware of her surroundings no matter what.

Irene was trained for this situation.

Irene quickly got up and turned at the person in her room, "Mal?" Irene said shocked, Mal did an awkward wave, Irene just sighed.

"I apologize for this rude entrance, Young Lady Irene!" Mal quickly kneeled, Irene, got flustered, "No no, it's alright! I am glad you came back without injures I was worried!" Irene quickly said everything in her mind.

"You were?"

"Yes..."

Mal smiled, however, she remembered why she rushed to tell Irene something, "Is the Count alright?" Irene asked shaking Mal's thoughts.

"Yes, he is fine," Mal replied.

"Oh, that's good!" Irene said really excited, looks like she worried for nothing. Irene stared at Mal, she looked like she wanted to say something else.

Mal looked at Irene.

"Someone is trying to get rid of the Count," she spoke, Irene felt herself shattered inside, "Say what now?"

"Someone is trying to murder the Count," Mal repeated again, Irene now realizes this was reality and she wasn't mishearing anything.

"Do you have any ideas who they are?" Irene asked quietly breaking the dooming silence.

Mal bit her lips, "No...the leader of the bandits was killed by something before I could get answers," she responded. Irene was confused, bandits?

Mal explained the story and Irene's face dropped.

"So you are telling me someone is plotting to kill the Count," Irene repeated the words Mal said to her before, "Yes."

Irene wanted to faint, she realized that she just has dragged herself into a serious situation, Irene had to think logically.

Wait could this be part of the downfall of the Empire?

A dangerous thought clicked in Irene's head, t-this much happened during the last 5 stories/sides stories!

Irene whined and cried in her head, she had forgotten some people more like some spirits can hear her inner thoughts and feelings.

"Ho, calm down there girlie," Undine suddenly spoke in Irene's mind, where the fuck did she learn to word 'girlie'?

"I skimmed through your memories..." Undine replied quietly.

Talk about shameful!

"Haha, you guys are sure entertaining!" Gnomes said enthusiastically. (I am so sorry readers, I just realized I spelled their name wrong the whole time last chapter!)

Irene was having an inner conversation as she thought this situation through.

"I think the Count knows something he shouldn't know..." Irene said, Mal, looked at her confused.