00.14

I STAND IN front of Sun, my fingers tangled up together in an anxious sweat in front of my ribs.

He stares down at me with confusion.
"What did you need to tell me?" His eyes then widen, and an anxiety washes over his metallic features. "Oh no! Don't tell me we ran out of glitter glue this early in the day!"

"No, Sun—" I mention his name, calmly.

"—Did one of the kids pin another note on my back?" He desperately starts searching around his backside, and I can't help but crack a smile as he twists his arms in weird positions.
It eases my nerves, but only briefly. I return with a serious face, lips pressed together tightly.

"Sun," I speak up, earning his attention again. "That's not what I'm here to talk about . . It's not work related." Inhaling a tense breath of heated air, I take a quick glance to the children, who were patiently waiting at their tables. Thankfully, they were distracted with their arts and crafts, and busy chatting away.

"I . ."

Am I really saying this to an AI unit? What if something goes wrong?

Can I get reported for this? Come to think of it, has anybody else ever done something like this before?

"I think about you allot, too." I exhale softly down at my hands. I anxiously run a hand through my (H/L) (H/C) hair. "Like, more than I should."

He paused, looking down at me curiously. "Really?" One click, two clicks, his head tilts to the side a little.

I nod. "Yeah . ." Another sigh escapes me.
His fans gave out a little whirl to cool himself down. Sun took a glance between me, then over to the chatty children sitting in their favorite seats.

"I'm not sure what to do with this type of information, Y/N," he admits rather awkwardly. I smile softly, giving a small nod in response. "It's okay." A slight feeling of disappointment starts to tangle up inside of my chest.

Of course he wouldn't know what to do. He wasn't made for loving a human- - he was made to attend a daycare, in a giant pizzaplex, watching countless of kids, on a daily.

"My programming wasn't made for this type of situation . ."

I take a slight step backwards, shrugging my shoulders. At least I tried.
Something in me wants me to break down and cry.

Should I really be surprised? What else did I expect to happen? For everything to work out good for once in my life? Yeah, right.

"It's okay, I shouldn't have said anything." I spin on my heel, turning my back to him. As I go to walk away, Sun reaches out to grab my hand, and takes me back to him. I raise a brow with confusion.

"Moon is better at this stuff than I am . . for some reason. But, I know what it means to like somebody, and Y/N, I know I like you." He gives a little smile.
"So does Moon. He's been festering over you, for weeks in the back of my head." Sun mentions.

I smile softly. "Yeah - - I think he's been watching the late night shows, because he definitely seems to like me a little more than you do," an awkward laugh escapes me as my cheeks flush up at him.

Sunrise laughs slightly, a nervous smile fading into place, as he looks away from me. My arms wrap around his torso as his arm swings around my head. He brings my head to his chest plate, and I lean against him gently.

"I need to talk to him about being more gentle. He really has been getting out of control. I know you've been putting off our maintenance for a couple days now . . But Moon's system is crashing. Which was causing me to act out." He tells me.

I frown a bit, letting go of him. "I'll take a look at you guys later. I promise."

"Good. Sorry I had to keep it away from you. I just didn't want you getting hurt. We appreciate you allot, you know." He states.

"I know, thank you." I smile in return.
He lets go of me, nudging my body slightly. "We should probably get back to the kids."

"That's probably a good idea." I nod, "Oh! But wait," I smile, pulling out a Fazwatch from my back pocket. "Here," I give it to him.
He looks at it curiously, turning it over a few times in his hand, before looking back to me. "What's this for?"

"For communication!" I beam. "Now we can talk, even when I'm not at work. I've been meaning to give it to you for a while now, but I kept forgetting." I tell him.

I had found an old one in one of the offices, and figured, why not. Nobody else was using it. And plus, the band was yellow! It was perfect.

"Don't employees only receive 'one' with their uniform?" He asks. I look away sheepishly. "Yeah, but, this one was in the old office. Nobody was using it anymore. Old worker's or something."

He smiles, tense, and holds the watch in his hand with a firm grip. "Thoughtful! But isn't that stealing?"

I shrug. "Not if it isn't leaving the building." My eye does a little wink up at him. Sun chuckles, softly, and shakes his head. "Well, I don't really think that's how it wo—"

I cut him off, crossing my arms over the logo of my work shirt. "Just wear it."

He sighs in return. "How could I refuse?"

_____________________

please VOTE and COMMENT
if you read the chapter !

thank you (: